Switch Issue with the Pirate's Wife Quest

shortsky123

Newcomer
Hi! I have been playing Stardew for over a year and am on Year 4 in my save file on the Nintendo Switch. I remember starting the Pirate's Wife Quest, but I don't think I finished it since I don't have the recipe for fairy dust. However, I don't have any of the trading items, it does not show up in my journal, and when I speak to Birdie she has her normal dialogue. Is this a bug/glitch where I finished the quest and didn't get the fairy dust, or did I somehow lose one of the trading items and the quest no longer appears in my journal? I looked thoroughly for the items through all of my chests and fridges, and checked the lost and found. I really want to be able to complete the game, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ereo

Helper
I’ve seen this reported before and I think unless you are playing on pc or mobile and can edit your save for you are out of luck.

The quest seems to be disappearing randomly if ignored for too long. I always try to complete it immediately after speaking to Birdie.

Anto

Farmhand
Hi! I have been playing Stardew for over a year and am on Year 4 in my save file on the Nintendo Switch. I remember starting the Pirate's Wife Quest, but I don't think I finished it since I don't have the recipe for fairy dust. However, I don't have any of the trading items, it does not show up in my journal, and when I speak to Birdie she has her normal dialogue. Is this a bug/glitch where I finished the quest and didn't get the fairy dust, or did I somehow lose one of the trading items and the quest no longer appears in my journal? I looked thoroughly for the items through all of my chests and fridges, and checked the lost and found. I really want to be able to complete the game, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
I think that you should contact the nintendo switch helpline as well as asking the stardew valley team too, tell me if you get any results.