Is there any way to get an item from a diff season?

mm24

Greenhorn
Hi! I'm wondering if there's any way for me to get a rainbow shell in the game now that it isn't summer? I totally forgot I would need it for Mr. Qi's challenge, and now I am wishing I could go back in time. I'm playing on Nintendo Switch.

I know I could possibly get a rainbow trout and put that in a fish pond, so I'm keeping my eyes open for one, but of course they're out of season, too! Any suggestions are much appreciated - as of right now, I'm just trying to focus on other things and wait til the next summer to get one. Thanks!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hello mm24 and Welcome to the Forum! Your best bet to get the Shell with both the Beach Forage and Rainbow Trout out of season is visiting the Traveling Cart lady every Friday and Sunday. The odds aren't good that she'll be selling one, but they're better than zero. You could also try to get those :heart: up with Demetrius as he will occasionally send you one in the mail.

The other possible sources for an off season rainbow shell are:
Forage on the Beach Farm (any season), loot in the mines after activating the Shrine of Challenge or during the Danger In The Deep quest, or as a gift from Jas or Vincent at the Feast of the Winter Star.
I found these by studying the rainbow shell page of the wiki.

VampireCake

Rancher
Hello mm24 and Welcome to the Forum! Your best bet to get the Shell with both the Beach Forage and Rainbow Trout out of season is visiting the Traveling Cart lady every Friday and Sunday. The odds aren't good that she'll be selling one, but they're better than zero. You could also try to get those :heart: up with Demetrius as he will occasionally send you one in the mail.
Quick side-note: gifts in the mail change if you restart the day, so as long as you can get him to send you something you can reset the day until you get the rainbow shell.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
The other possible sources for an off season rainbow shell are:
Forage on the Beach Farm (any season), loot in the mines after activating the Shrine of Challenge or during the Danger In The Deep quest, or as a gift from Jas or Vincent at the Feast of the Winter Star.
I found these by studying the rainbow shell page of the wiki.
I think Shrine of Challenge etc are often much later in the game than this Qi quest, but plying Demetrius with strawberries and hounding the merchant are both valid.

I had the same thing happen in my last farmer... but I was already friends with Demetrius so he gave me a pleasant surprise just into winter.