Is there any tips for a newcomer?

millspunchy

Greenhorn
hiii i'm new to the community and really wondering is there any tips & tricks for me to get gold faster or easier? or perhaps any other tips to maximize my experience playing the game for the first time??? thank you in advance <3

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
A good idea, is to try and excel at all areas: Foraging, Mining, Fishing, Farming and Combat. All of them unlock special constructions, that help you unlock more expensive production items, or useful items overall. You have to slowly progress from collecting crops, to processing them (pickles, jams etc) and when you have a good income, then slowly expand over animals (coop, barn).

The big moneymakers continue being pigs that find truffles (and require deluxe barns, but do not overdo it because in winter they are inactive), to turn them into oil with oil-maker. The Crystallariums, that duplicate gems (especially diamonds, or jades to trade for dungeon staircases). And the occasional casks, to age your products. Don't forget beehives, either but they need special placement shape and around a fully bloomed flower (doesn't work in winter, but if you unlock the end-game area, you relocate them there).

You progress slowly. One or two machines at a time, one upgrade at a time. You earn your money the hard way, at first. When you reach the turning point of going deep into mines for adventure and loot, do not forget food for buffs and recovery, drinks for extra buff and bombs. Do not neglect bounties either, especially for Burglar's Ring. Do not overstay in there, you need to be quick and progress to the next level(s) fast, because time for the daily activities is pretty limited.

For anything else, or specialized, do not hesitate to ask!

Odyssey

Tiller
In the early game, fishing is a good source of income to buy seeds and upgrade your tools.

Get the fibreglass fishing rod and equip it with bait as soon as you have level 2 fishing and enough gold (1800g for the rod plus 5g per piece of bait) as the increase in bite rate very quickly covers the cost of the rod.

The mountain lake is the best place to fish on sunny days in Spring. On rainy days the river gets you more gold but the fish are harder to catch so if you find fishing difficult it might be better to stick to the lake.

Once you unlock sprinklers it's worth making some so you can grow more crops without having to spend lots of time and energy watering them all.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I would like to add that personally, I think that sprinklers aren't worth it until you unlock the quality ones that water 8 tiles.
Basic sprinklers are totally worth it, they cost less than half of what a quality sprinkler does, it’s many times easier to get farming level 2 than 6, and the layout isn’t that hard. Them being less efficient per sprinkler doesn’t even matter unless you fill every possible farming area with them which is unreasonable regardless.