is there a way for me to save my saves?

thatsmetttt

Farmhand
im going to format my notebook and reinstall everything again. is there a way for me to have a copy of my saves on stardew?

Draconifors

Sodbuster
I think you should be able to copy the save folder on a USB or something, or send a zipped version to yourself via email, and then just put it back after installing the game again.
I have never done that, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

If you're on Windows, the save folders are located at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves

If you use cloud saves, they might also carry over as they're tied to your Steam/GOG account rather than your computer.

Quirinea

Farmer
Yeah. The saves are just normal folders that can be copied any way you want (and not tied to a game installation). I've switched computers and brought my SDV saves along with other important data.

thatsmetttt

Farmhand
I think you should be able to copy the save folder on a USB or something, or send a zipped version to yourself via email, and then just put it back after installing the game again.

If you're on Windows, the save folders are located at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves

If you use cloud saves, they might also carry over as they're tied to your Steam/GOG account rather than your computer.
just did this, thanks!!

Lew Zealand

Helper

I just want to emphasize this as I used a standalone GOG install for a long time and now use Steam more. Standalone GOG requires that you go to that Saves folder and copy it to a safe location if you want to move your saves or reformat your computer. Very Important!

But now with Steam, all my saves do follow me wherever I go like a cute puppy. Steam syncs them by default though this can be turned off, make sure Steam Cloud Saves is on! Settings --> Cloud --> Enable Steam Cloud . I have SDV installed from Steam on a few computers and it syncs my Saves to all of them which is just fantastic!

Antsy

Tiller
I maxed out my GOG online saves, so I just periodically copy all my save files (in fact the whole Stardew Roaming folder) to an external drive. It's very easy to do especially if you have a simple backup program.