Is the Riverland farm really usefull?

Aine

Planter
Hi everyone, I am questioning this farm layout and I believe it needs a remake.

I already spend hours and hours on the layout design trying to figure out what to do with this layout, and its simple not a good layout at all.
I know this is formulate to fishing, but, even for fishing it is better to fish elsewhere. What do you all think about this layout, have any of you guys use it for your main farm?

radi

Tiller
The problem with the Riverland farm is the wasted space. You can catch river fish on your farm sure, but once you have that water there, it makes no difference whether it's a small body or whether three quarters of your farm is covered in it. So, most of it is going to end up being wasted useless space.
It ain't all bad though. The Riverland is:
- pretty. I know, that's subjective, but I like how it looks.
- challenging. If you want to challenge yourself, then this is the farm layout for you

Rhiannon

Farmer
My first save was riverland layout. Not knowing anything about the game, I thought fishing would be my main thing. Turned out I hate fishing (although it's better as I gain skill) and I wasn't able to create the type of farm I learned I wanted. So after around 300 hours and five game years, I started over with a different layout. I will say I have seen nice looking riverland farm layouts. You can google them to see.

I love to fish, that's just the facts. But the map... it's missed opportunity.
Radi makes a valid point: It's wasted space. If the Riverland Farm were to be re-worked, I'd be fine with that.
But as it stands, not a huge fan, unfortunately.

I pick Riverland whenever I want to challenge myself :P It's difficult to make pretty farms out of the riverland layout which makes it exciting to work with it. That being said I don't think I have ever tried to make a functional Riverland farm that made a lot of gold
I've never taken a real whack at it before. But I think once you set it up right, it could probably be a real producer, and potentially make decent gains on your funds. I'm actually curious to see how. Lol

Odin

Staff member
As others have said, I think riverland makes for a good challenge! Probably not the best map for a first play-through though. I do think being able to put some alternate version of fish ponds in the water would allow for a lot of interesting designs for the map.

Aine

Planter
I am updating a riverland farm layout on this Post.
Its going to be hard, and I am not playing a lot, but you guys can see my advancment there.