Solved Is the legend fish bugged on PC?

Fat Link

Cowpoke
I’m asking for everyone’s opinion here because I’ve caught this fish effortlessly multiple times on both Xbox and Switch versions of the game but he’s practically impossible to get on PC as he either never seems to bite and if he does he’s always behaving ridiculously unreasonably whenever I try to catch him.

I’ve also tried all the methods I can think of to help catch him from various lures and baits to buffs like eating lucky lunch or seafoam pudding to only going after him on the best fortune teller days but still no dice.

My fishing skill is also maxxed out to level 10.

I’m at my wits end here.

Historically the only fish that ever gave me any trouble to get at all was the glaciar fish.

Edit: to be even more specific the fish I’m trying to catch is actually named the Legend and it’s the one you can only catch in spring at the mountain lake by casting close to the log while it’s raining.

Last edited:

margotbean

Sodbuster
I hate to say this, but that sounds about right, based on my experience. The Octopus is actually more of a pain for me, but both can require multiple days dedicated only to catching them. Sorry!

ISSsloth

Farmer
I hate to say this, but that sounds about right, based on my experience. The Octopus is actually more of a pain for me, but both can require multiple days dedicated only to catching them. Sorry!
For the octopus and other fish like the largemouth bass, I tend to get them from trash and linus before actually catching them.

dubesor

Farmhand
He's supposed to be the most difficult fish in the game (though personally I have more trouble with dart AI). On my current save I caught him in 1.4 and his son in 1.5 recently with lvl10 fishing + Trap Bobber + Dish o' the Sea without any issues.

dubesor

Farmhand
You'll need to catch him for the Master Angler achievement & Stardrop. Plus he looks nice in a fish tank :D

imnvs

Local Legend
My recommendations? Rod with Master enchantment (+1 fishing), cork bobber (+1 fishing), Qi seasoned seafoam pudding (+5 fishing), and ginger ale.

Fat Link

Cowpoke
My recommendations? Rod with Master enchantment (+1 fishing), cork bobber (+1 fishing), Qi seasoned seafoam pudding (+5 fishing), and ginger ale.
Thanks brother.

At this point that looks about like what I’m going to have to do to catch it.😠

Fat Link

Cowpoke
I suck at fishing, could you tell me if you have any reason to catch this fish besides catching it just for catching it?
If you want certain end game items and achievements it’s absolutely crucial to catch this fish and all the others that are in the game.

Fat Link

Cowpoke
Well I finally got the bugger.

So I guess its not bugged on PC after all.

Still I wouldn't mind if in the future CA re-adjusted this particular fish to make it at least bite more if he's not going to decrease the difficulty of catching it any.

I think thats what frustrated me more about the Legend than anything ie having to cast and cast and cast and cast and cast again to finally get him on the line.