1.6 Update is it worth it?

bruh

Greenhorn
i'm restarting a run of stardew valley since 1.6 came out, and the fishing is really carrying me with money(i can do 10k a day in summer) and the lava eel is by far the most profitable. I don't have any problem with catching it, but the trash is really hindering me since i haven't reached ginger island yet.
then there's the targeted bait. I'm thinking of using it to make fishing a lot more efficient. but when i check the wiki, i don't see it saying it will reduce trash pick up. so i'm in a pickle, should i sacrifice some for bait?

I bought some lava eel and catfish baits from Willy's and noticed a significant increase in catching those fish when using their respective bait. I still caught trash in the cave, but it was one or two for every 3-4 fish insted of the usual 5-6 trash per every fish.

You could place a couple recycling machines right there by the lava lake. Refined quartz and torches aren't huge money makers, but better than nothing, and cloth sells at a pretty good price.

i'm restarting a run of stardew valley since 1.6 came out, and the fishing is really carrying me with money(i can do 10k a day in summer) and the lava eel is by far the most profitable. I don't have any problem with catching it, but the trash is really hindering me since i haven't reached ginger island yet.
then there's the targeted bait. I'm thinking of using it to make fishing a lot more efficient. but when i check the wiki, i don't see it saying it will reduce trash pick up. so i'm in a pickle, should i sacrifice some for bait?
i woul beause you could get more fish rather aaaan more trash

bruh

Greenhorn
You could place a couple recycling machines right there by the lava lake. Refined quartz and torches aren't huge money makers, but better than nothing, and cloth sells at a pretty good price.
currently i abandoned going for lava eels and apt for less valuable but more common fish such as the sturgeon and super cucumber which, can i say how GOOD the bait maker is? these fish usually are on the uncommon side with much less valuable fish usually getting snagged instead but now with targeted bait, i can get 18 sturgeon just until 5pm!

bruh

Greenhorn
I bought some lava eel and catfish baits from Willy's and noticed a significant increase in catching those fish when using their respective bait. I still caught trash in the cave, but it was one or two for every 3-4 fish insted of the usual 5-6 trash per every fish.
this is exactly what i'm looking for! from the looks of it, it doesn't seem that worth it especially in summer. but maybe it's viable for winter

this is exactly what i'm looking for! from the looks of it, it doesn't seem that worth it especially in summer. but maybe it's viable for winter
Yeah, I would buy the bait again for fish I want/need for something or are especially valuable, but I wouldn't sacrifice a valuable fish for it.

I think the bait maker is good for quests where you need x amount of a specific, more common fish (since they always seem to bite less during them) or if you need a fish that's difficult to hook, like the octopus or scorpian carp (I'm currently keeping my eye put for an octopus for sale to make Master Angler a little easier this time around). That kind of thing.

Odyssey

Tiller
Yeah, I would buy the bait again for fish I want/need for something or are especially valuable, but I wouldn't sacrifice a valuable fish for it.

I think the bait maker is good for quests where you need x amount of a specific, more common fish (since they always seem to bite less during them) or if you need a fish that's difficult to hook, like the octopus or scorpian carp (I'm currently keeping my eye put for an octopus for sale to make Master Angler a little easier this time around). That kind of thing.
The bait maker is more than worth it if the high value fish you want to catch is from a body of water with less valuable fish available as it cuts out almost all of those fish in favour of the the high value ones.

It's also good for levelling fishing quickly as you can ensure a steady supply of fish you can reliably get perfect catches on (I used bullheads for the 57xp perfect catches that are pretty achievable even at lower fishing levels.)

Last edited: