Is it good?

Anto

Farmhand
I was thinking of buying the board game, but I would like to hear your opinions and know if it's good. I also want to find out if it's my style of game. (I'm Italian so I'm sorry for my bad writing LOL)

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
of course there's bias here, but I really enjoyed it! It was my first more 'involved' board game, and I think any board game is a little confusing when you start, but when you get the hang of the rules it is SO fun and honestly a little intense sometimes LOL

i like that you can play by yourself or with multiple people. I've mostly done 2 and 4 player and it's been a blast every time. I heavily recommend it

MissDandy

Farmer
I would buy it if you see it! I saw it in store once and was thinking of buying it, decided to wait but when I came back it was gone. You should definitely try it, I've heard lots of good things about it.

Lew Zealand

Helper
It took a couple of playthroughs to get the gist of how to play but even on that first play when we had no idea what we were doing, it was fun! More complicated than a simple board game but not completely nuts like some can be. It's like alt-universe Stardew where everything is familiar yet the runes were cast under different conditions so the outcome is new yet familiar at the same time. If you see it, just pick up a copy as it's well worth the price.

Rei

Tiller
I like it. Most cooperative boardgames have a destructive mechanism. You have crisis and other bad things. You are happy, when you win the game.

Stardew Valley the boardgame is different. The Joja tiles and some mining effects/monster are the only destructive element, but you can easy remove a Joja tile. So it's not a big problem.
Everything else is a good feeling. Even if you don't win the game you have friends, a farm and so on.
It's a little bit like Agricola. There you have also a farm and you see what you did.

But you need time to play, ~ 2-3 hours.

(sorry for my bad english)

Anto

Farmhand
of course there's bias here, but I really enjoyed it! It was my first more 'involved' board game, and I think any board game is a little confusing when you start, but when you get the hang of the rules it is SO fun and honestly a little intense sometimes LOL

i like that you can play by yourself or with multiple people. I've mostly done 2 and 4 player and it's been a blast every time. I heavily recommend it
Thanks, sorry if I replied so late I forgot to check the forums.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Ok while I’ve personally never played it (I’ve never even seen the thing all the way up in Canada), I’ve only heard good things about it and watched a few reviews online that spoke really positively about its adaptation into a board game.

H7dek7

Greenhorn
I love Stardew Valley so I'm obviously biased, but for me this game is great. Although many things are different than in the digital game, the vibes are the same. And there are many ways to customize your experience. Some of them are described in the manual, some of them you can experiment with. It's partially strategy, partially luck - in our first game we had grandpa's fishing goal, but couldn't catch any fish, because most fish were either crabpot or trash and if there was a "good" fish to catch, dice were against us. It helped a lot to watch a gameplay on Youtube first.