Creator Response Is fiber used for anything? Or is it just a space waster?

Natethedrake

Greenhorn
So I have picked up fiber as a forageable in 2 different games and I haven't seen it listed anywhere as a material that can be used. Also cant gift it to friends. So I'm assuming its meant to take up valuable space in your inventory until you can get rid of it? Or have I just not come across what uses it?

Natethedrake

Greenhorn
It is actually used in quite a few recipes as the game progresses. For example, scarecrows require fibre and are pretty important when just starting out.You also use it for crafting machines, decorative pieces and even farm buildings later on. It seems like an annoyance now, but I would save it in a chest or something for when the time comes when you wish you had some.:clover:

Here is the Fiber Wiki, but there are some things that might be considered unofficial mid-game spoilers so watch out.
I think we might be talking about different things. I meant in the board game.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
You can always discard any tile from your inventory at any time, so holding onto Fiber doesn't hurt.

Mainly its use is, as a material for the Construction bundle or you can discard it with the Recycling Machine.

DJModulo

Sodbuster
If you happen to have the Seed Maker (Foraging profession), you'll love every Fiber you found.

Otherwise... Construction Bundle or Recycling Machine it is (or keeping it as discardable resouce tile for enemies in the Mines)

Natethedrake

Greenhorn
You can always discard any tile from your inventory at any time, so holding onto Fiber doesn't hurt.

Mainly its use is, as a material for the Construction bundle or you can discard it with the Recycling Machine.
Aaahhh. I havent looked through the cards and stuff because I enjoy having the surprise and discovering things during play. Thank you. Guess I just havent drawn those things yet.