iOS IOS Game Save doesn’t show up

Lexxerral

Newcomer
So I haven’t played in a while and I went to play today on IOS Stardew Valley the arcade version for IOS and my save isn’t showing up when I go to load it in. I can see it’s available in my files but I’m not sure how to get it to work again?

Attachments

wildandblue

Sodbuster
So I haven’t played in a while and I went to play today on IOS Stardew Valley the arcade version for IOS and my save isn’t showing up when I go to load it in. I can see it’s available in my files but I’m not sure how to get it to work again?
Are you logged into Game Center? That's where the Arcade version saves your data. But you're also showing a Files app SDV folder and game files. Those are created for the regular iOS SDV version, not the Arcade version. Can you confirm which version you're playing?

If you are logged into Game Center, do other Arcade games launch with your save data?

Last edited:

Lexxerral

Newcomer
Are you logged into Game Center? That's where the Arcade version saves your data. But you're also showing a Files app SDV folder and game files. Those are created for the regular iOS SDV version, not the Arcade version. Can you confirm which version you're playing?

If you are logged into Game Center, do other Arcade games launch with your save data?
I am logged into Game Center and that’s where the files are being saved. I made a new save and that’s also where it showed up when I looked. I am playing the arcade version. The non arcade version is $5 and I haven’t purchased it ever.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
@Lexxerral, I wanted to let you know I gave you some wrong info about the Arcade version save files. It doesn't use Game Center, but it does sync automatically via iCloud. Your save files are stored in the Files app > On My [device] > Stardew Valley.

Do you see your save in that location, and do you also see three other files in that folder?

Lexxerral

Newcomer
@Lexxerral, I wanted to let you know I gave you some wrong info about the Arcade version save files. It doesn't use Game Center, but it does sync automatically via iCloud. Your save files are stored in the Files app > On My [device] > Stardew Valley.

Do you see your save in that location, and do you also see three other files in that folder?
Yeah it’s there but there’s 5 files total, one BACKUP_SAVE, one ending in _SVBAK, one ending in _SVE-MERG, one ending in _OLD, and one called SaveGameInfo_old

wildandblue

Sodbuster
Yeah it’s there but there’s 5 files total, one BACKUP_SAVE, one ending in _SVBAK, one ending in _SVE-MERG, one ending in _OLD, and one called SaveGameInfo_old
Yes, those are all the usual files. You've got the emergency save as well.

Was your game originally created in the non-Arcade App Store version?

wildandblue

Sodbuster
No I had not ever purchased it before so I know it couldn’t have been. Costs like $5 I think
You know what? I just read our thread back and realize you mentioned earlier that you hadn't used the App Store version. Sorry to have asked that again.

Just to be sure, those files are stored in the Stardew Valley folder inside a folder with your farm name and the long number, yes?

There's a couple things you can try. One is to create a test farm without fiddling with many of the options. Save it, exit and quit the game after the first night to see if shows up next time in your loadable farms. That will help narrow down whether it might be a problem with your specific first farm file.

The other thing you can try is to delete and reinstall the game. Doing that will delete your SDV folder though, so you'll want to copy your farm save folder (not the whole Stardew Valley folder) to another location temporarily, such as iCloud or another Files location. Then uninstall SDV, reinstall it, and copy back that farm save folder.

Fingers crossed.