Question Inquiries about the multiple spouses/free love mod

IntoxicHeart

Planter
I’m working on a sorta poly-esque mod currently, and initially I was just going to leave it to where Farmer only marries the one bachelor whilst still also dating the other bachelor (I came across a mod that allow it to be set where the Farmer will still maintain a dating status with other NPC’s even after getting married). From that, I initially didn’t have it planned for this mod to be compatible with multiple spouses mod.

I’m now deliberating on it being compatible, however I have never used the multiple spouses mod. As a result, I don’t know the ins and outs of it. Was hoping that someone who’s used it can better explain/elaborate on things pertaining to that mod for me.

- I believe I saw something where the spouses will interact with one another? If so —what are the types of interactions they have with one another? Will they only have interactions with specific other spouses (ie - based on relationships NPC’s have with one another in default/vanilla game)? —edit additional inquiry;; when Farmer interacts with spouses, do spouses have dialogue involving other spouses? As well, do spouses keep their ‘normal’ spouse dialogue?

- How does pregnancy/adoption work? Does it need to be configured to which spouse asks, or is it just entirely random? Will there still remain only two children, or does the mod have it where there will be more than two children? —for my mod, I’m wanting for it to remain where Farmer can only have two children at a single time. Also, I’m going to be including pregnancy and birth event (they won’t be graphic or anything) scenes (which, currently, I’m having issues where it only works with the very first child Farmer has, and it won’t occur with the second child, nor if children are turned into doves and Farmer starts over with children. I’m working on figuring out how to solve this dang issue >_>).

- For spouse rooms, does it automatically set up to where there will be various spouse rooms, or is that something else that needs to be configured?

- How does it work with the spouse patio? Is that based on the first spouse Farmer gets married to or ..?

Afterthought note - These questions might be already answered somewhere, and I’m just dumb and overlooking them. So I apologize if I am. ^^;;

Last edited:

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I’m working on a sorta poly-esque mod currently, and initially I was just going to leave it to where Farmer only marries the one bachelor whilst still also dating the other bachelor (I came across a mod that allow it to be set where the Farmer will still maintain a dating status with other NPC’s even after getting married). From that, I initially didn’t have it planned for this mod to be compatible with multiple spouses mod.

I’m now deliberating on it being compatible, however I have never used the multiple spouses mod. As a result, I don’t know the ins and outs of it. Was hoping that someone who’s used it can better explain/elaborate on things pertaining to that mod for me.

- I believe I saw something where the spouses will interact with one another? If so —what are the types of interactions they have with one another? Will they only have interactions with specific other spouses (ie - based on relationships NPC’s have with one another in default/vanilla game)? —edit additional inquiry;; when Farmer interacts with spouses, do spouses have dialogue involving other spouses? As well, do spouses keep their ‘normal’ spouse dialogue?

- How does pregnancy/adoption work? Does it need to be configured to which spouse asks, or is it just entirely random? Will there still remain only two children, or does the mod have it where there will be more than two children? —for my mod, I’m wanting for it to remain where Farmer can only have two children at a single time. Also, I’m going to be including pregnancy and birth event (they won’t be graphic or anything) scenes (which, currently, I’m having issues where it only works with the very first child Farmer has, and it won’t occur with the second child, nor if children are turned into doves and Farmer starts over with children. I’m working on figuring out how to solve this dang issue >_>).

- For spouse rooms, does it automatically set up to where there will be various spouse rooms, or is that something else that needs to be configured?

- How does it work with the spouse patio? Is that based on the first spouse Farmer gets married to or ..?

Afterthought note - These questions might be already answered somewhere, and I’m just dumb and overlooking them. So I apologize if I am. ^^;;
Some I can answer, some I can't. I haven't upgraded Multiple Spouses to Free Love so a few things might have changed. Best check the description at Nexus or any articles attached to it.

-Spouses do little word bubble comnents at one another and the farmer. They also kiss if in the same vicinity. (you can actually get stuck if you try to interact with then when they're overlapping in the kitchen). There isn't really a lot of dialogue referring to the others.
(there's also a mod called "multiple spouse dialogs"{I think with that spelling and not my preference of "dialogues"} which affects this, in some ways specific to the exact characters and I genuinely don't remember at this point which one causes what exactly. Looking at the description for the latter at Nexus might help.)

-the pregnancy requests seem to involve the spouses at random. I haven't had in game kids so no idea about the rest.

- spouse rooms spawn in the usual spot attached to the bedroom right and just extend further and further (and further). It's definitely supposed to be as many rooms as there are spouses. I don't think you can move them to another part of the house. It's automatic, AFAIK, but I can't 100% swear to it because of a funny coincidence; I just married/am about to marry a third spouse and his room didn't appear. (I closed the day we married without saving when I saw that so I could check the settings so the very first in game scene will be a repeat of the marriage). I looked at his settings but not at Multiple Spouses.

I plan to do so before I next enter the game (probably Sunday; I have a crazy week in the real world, with full time day job plus pottery and craft sale Friday and Saturday.) It may be that there's a setting that can limit to how many rooms there can be; I *know* you can configure the order in the config file. (as a note, when Sebastian 's room was second, his terrarium didn't show up after the 14 heart event, but moving it to the first spouse room slot brought it back).

-The spouse patio will default to whichever is considered your main spouse (for when the vanilla game or anotheod needs one spouse). This is usually the first person you marry but you can alter it by "giving" another spouse a bouquet before you gift them on a given day. They don't physically take the bouquet but it still makes that person the primary spouse. (This doesn't change the spouse room order.)

The person who made Free Love made a separate mod that allows you to add the other spouse patios in suitable spots on your farm. (if you look at my farm photo in that forum folder, you'll see Sebastian 's bike between the warp statue and the dog bowl). Because multiple spouses/free love affects NPCs and the spouse patio affects maps, I think they opted to make them totally different mods.

IntoxicHeart

Planter
(if you look at my farm photo in that forum folder, you'll see Sebastian 's bike between the warp statue and the dog bowl).
I apologize, but I’m not certain what forum folder you’re referencing? I just attempted a quick little search through your recent posts to see if I could spot what you’re referencing, but was unable to. ^^; I was wanting to see your farm photo mentioned.

Concerning the rest of your post - thank you so very much! This has been incredibly insightful, and I have a far better grasp and understanding now.

Random curious afterthought note;; do you know which spouse (as in if the ‘primary’, or random, or multiple) will stand next to Farmer during the moonlight jellies festival?

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I apologize, but I’m not certain what forum folder you’re referencing? I just attempted a quick little search through your recent posts to see if I could spot what you’re referencing, but was unable to. ^^; I was wanting to see your farm photo mentioned.

Concerning the rest of your post - thank you so very much! This has been incredibly insightful, and I have a far better grasp and understanding now.

Random curious afterthought note;; do you know which spouse (as in if the ‘primary’, or random, or multiple) will stand next to Farmer during the moonlight jellies festival?
Valley Showcase is the folder . Crow Rock Farm is the post.

Re midnight Jellies: Whomever the game thinks is your current primary spouse. the other one (s) end up in their usual spots.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
While I was looking at the config file for Multiple Spouses, I noticed you can adjust your total number of children; it defaults to 2 but presumably this means it could be 3+

IntoxicHeart

Planter
While I was looking at the config file for Multiple Spouses, I noticed you can adjust your total number of children; it defaults to 2 but presumably this means it could be 3+
I’m contemplating on installing that mod, so that I too can read through the json, and such, to see the way the things are done. One thing I don’t know if I’ll be able to see however is how spouses will speak in regards to the children, as well as how the the game will recognize the children.

For example, in dialogue for the default game, when spouse is addressing children by names, child one is %kid1 and child two is %kid2, and dialogue after having children is "OneKid_1" and "OneKid_2". If there’s more than one child, would it then be %kid3 + and "OneKid_3"+. Additionally, how spouses recognize the children, if they recognize their ‘own’, or what? Not sure if any of that makes sense. x.x;