Meadowlands Farm Indigo Farm (Minor 1.6 spoilers)

Benhimself

Rancher
I noticed not a single person has shared a Meadowlands farm here, yet! I just finished the community center Spring y2 so figured it'd be a decent little early-game showing of what I've been doing. There used to be a typical crop block right in front of the farm house but I decided since it was, y'know, Meadowlands, to move away from that and mostly focus on the barn/coop and use only my greenhouse for crops (with a small exception sprinkler this season only because of a surprise special order for 100 potatoes). Looking forward to converting that front area into a dog park when I get the spare funds, as well as the mushroom forest actually spreading a little.

Also the green rain has done a surprisingly good job of turning every unused area of my farm into dense thicket of woods, and I'm kinda here for it? The path hidden under the canopy to Grandpa's Shrine is a vibe to walk, I might have to make some sort of pleasant benches+decorations to visit out there.

Stay tuned! Progress to come when I have it!

Attachments

That's beautiful! I'm still on year one of my Meadowlands Farm (Devil May Cry Farm) so it's not that far along yet, but it's so interesting to see how different your set up is from mine. ^_^ I love the big path through the middle(ish) of the farm. And the forest vibe is wonderful.

If you cut the green grass down and leave only blue, does the blue just take over? Or did you have to use a bunch of blue grass starter? Also, can you please tell me if blue grass will return on its own after winter?

Benhimself

Rancher
Yup! Blue grass will grow more blue grass so what you see is the result of me clearing away the green grass (especially when it was right next to blue, so the blue patches would have room to grow.)

And it actually doesn't even go away during winter! I.... didn't actually think to check if the blue grass still grows new patches, and for that matter if animals will go out into the cold to eat it. Something to try next year!

Yup! Blue grass will grow more blue grass so what you see is the result of me clearing away the green grass (especially when it was right next to blue, so the blue patches would have room to grow.)

And it actually doesn't even go away during winter! I.... didn't actually think to check if the blue grass still grows new patches, and for that matter if animals will go out into the cold to eat it. Something to try next year!
It stays through Winter? That's so cool! My new immediate goal is to build another silo and start cutting away the greeen grass before Winter. ^_^ Thanks!

Benhimself

Rancher
Last day of fall, year 2. The coop definitely outgrew the original enclosure when I hit 12 critters, and honestly over winter I'm going to need to expand the new joint enclosure as you can see they're almost overeating the grass there. But I have all five dog types represented, and the mystic tree orchard and mushroom forest are both coming in nicely.

Attachments

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It’s not just me who thinks the mystic trees don’t really fit in but still have a cool vibe right? I wouldn’t want them with the rest of my trees but I’ve placed them in a little cordoned off area and made it match the more mystical feeling and it fits better than I expected

I like the new layout! The ducks can swim in the big pond now and your mystic and mushroom groves give the whole thing a fairytale vibe. ^_^ The forest is lovely all around, too.