Income fishing locations chart

Tom

Rancher
Is there a reliable fishing income locations guide or chart? I am always amazed at the difficulty of finding good fishing income locations on the web.

This week I wanted it badly enough to do my own research at the wiki. For a sunny day in the Fall, it appeared my best bet was Salmon and Tiger Trout from the River. I switched from Town to Forest if I didn't get action a time or two. Anyway I ended up with about 6k, which is probably my personal record for fishing income. One nice thing was it wasn't particularly challenging fishing (for a Level 10 Pirate), and I got lots of treasure too.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Is there a reliable fishing income locations guide or chart? I am always amazed at the difficulty of finding good fishing income locations on the web.

This week I wanted it badly enough to do my own research at the wiki. For a sunny day in the Fall, it appeared my best bet was Salmon and Tiger Trout from the River. I switched from Town to Forest if I didn't get action a time or two. Anyway I ended up with about 6k, which is probably my personal record for fishing income. One nice thing was it wasn't particularly challenging fishing (for a Level 10 Pirate), and I got lots of treasure too.
Are you factoring in your Pirate loot into your income? Perhaps you should since it's a perk that directly competes with the Angler profession, but I can understand if that would be much much harder to quantify. Especially when you consider the "pricelessness" of certain artifacts.

Reactions: Tom
I eyeball it from BlaDe's fish odds. I've planned to implement average sell value in there for a while, it's not too difficult, just need to add a column for sell price and then have a cell which sums sell price * chance for each row. Trash can be assumed to be worth 0 and modifiers like from Fishing skill can be disregarded since they'll affect all locations equally. I'll tackle that when time permits but yeah that'd be what I would do. If you wanted to get really fancy you could add a meta sheet which forces values into all the locations for a given set of time, weather, water depth, fishing level etc and which reports back the average fishing income per cast for each location, so they can be compared at a glance. Maybe next week.

Offhand I know generally that in Spring River is most profitable if it's raining, Mountain Lake is most profitable on Sunny days. In Summer Ocean is most profitable regardless of weather. Fall and Winter I've never really looked at so I'm glad to know that it's River while sunny.

Edit:
Are you factoring in your Pirate loot into your income? Perhaps you should since it's a perk that directly competes with the Angler profession, but I can understand if that would be much much harder to quantify. Especially when you consider the "pricelessness" of certain artifacts.
The thing about it is, in addition to being hard to quantify, it very likely doesn't change the answer at all. It's not like some fish are more likely to have treasure chests than others. I suppose it does matter while comparing a location with a high catch percentage but lower valued fish vs a location with a low catch percentage but higher valued fish. However calculating the average treasure value to add it * treasure chance * non-seaweed or algae catch percentage to the average fish value would be an absolute monster. I don't have it in me, that's for sure.

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Also gotta factor in the niche locations, like mine's underground lakes, witch's swamp, desert, secret woods pond (sewers is pretty useless with the exception of the legendary there).

I mean, if you're gonna get technical about it, yknow.

Tom

Rancher
I'm very happy to see that there is active research into this little gap in online resources. I love data manipulation and analysis, and if @Zamiel, @BlaDe, and @Giant Octopodes aren't on the cusp of something decent, I could synthesize disparate data sets if they exist as @Giant Octopodes suggests. Let me know if you need any help.

Are you factoring in your Pirate loot into your income?
I didn't. I'm not a master gamer, and I know $6k isn't anything to trumpet.

Also gotta factor in the niche locations, like mine's underground lakes, witch's swamp, desert, secret woods pond (sewers is pretty useless with the exception of the legendary there).

I mean, if you're gonna get technical about it, yknow.
Only if it matters, I guess. But I agree, if the data is available. There's nothing wrong with having a longer spreadsheet.

Ok I got it done. It's not ideal, not by a longshot. Easy low hanging fruit would be to include the fish quality chart on a separate sheet, and to have a resultant base value multiplier which gets calculated, and use that multiplier in the base value contributions for any fish which can be caught in qualities above normal. Still, it gives at a glance info, and I didn't want to spend too long on it nor mess with BlaDe's sheet too much. @BlaDe if you want me to pull it obviously at any point I'll gladly do so, it's your work and a copy of your sheet, I just added base value info to it, and not in an especially great way at that XD Still I hope someone finds it helpful, this should let you sort out pretty easily what the best spots are for a given weather pattern, time of day, fishing value, etc. Tomorrow perhaps I'll run through it and pull out some winners.

Zamiel

Sodbuster
I also made a spreadsheet to calculate fishing probabilities. I think it's much easier to navigate/understand than Blade's spreadsheet, but right now it only has values for Spring.

hexnessie

Farmer
I also made a spreadsheet to calculate fishing probabilities. I think it's much easier to navigate/understand than Blade's spreadsheet, but right now it only has values for Spring.
Any chance you could make it public?