Improve the mermaid's music puzzle on Ginger Island

This puzzle is not a big mystery , and you don't have to be very smart to solve it . But , very often , even if you do every clicking right , there nothing happens . That's irritating . Looks like when you accidentally come near those damned flute blocks , it's sometimes considered as click , i don't see any other explanation . So , i believe this puzzle must be improved , added reset possibility , which will be prompted if you messed up , and maybe even create some special blocks exactly for this puzzle as a pre-quest .

This puzzle is not a big mystery , and you don't have to be very smart to solve it . But , very often , even if you do every clicking right , there nothing happens . That's irritating . Looks like when you accidentally come near those damned flute blocks , it's sometimes considered as click , i don't see any other explanation . So , i believe this puzzle must be improved , added reset possibility , which will be prompted if you messed up , and maybe even create some special blocks exactly for this puzzle as a pre-quest .
In my eyes it would be nice to have an optical indication which tone a flute block has already. Maybe it could change in colour depending on the tone. Or maybe one could right-click to get an info with a music note and an option to change it....

Worblehat

Planter
added reset possibility , which will be prompted if you messed up , and maybe even create some special blocks exactly for this puzzle
I don't understand this. You can reset a block by picking it up and putting it back down. And there are special blocks exactly for this puzzle - what other use do flute blocks have?

If people really need a visual indication of how many clicks they've tuned on each block, I think the simplest method would just be to add a little number in the corner of the block.

The only issue I had with this puzzle was that initially I put the blocks above the stones, which apparently is too far inland for the mermaid to hear. Moving them below the stones worked perfectly, no problems at all.

imnvs

Local Legend
what other use do flute blocks have?
Excuse me? You can set them up to play a song as you walk past them! What more do you need??

I've been working on a shed design that would create a looped path... there's only one path, but you can take the right turn as you enter or left turn, and you'll always arrive back at the same place... and I'm going to line the paths with flute blocks and possibly drum blocks to create a song as you walk past. I've been trying to figure out the specific path I need folks to take so that flute blocks aren't walked past twice... or if a block is walked past a second time, that when it is walked past again that it is the correct pitch for the correct time then as well. It's taking me a LONG time to figure this one out. (I'm trying to do the Imperial March, you know, from Star Wars.) I can't wait to see what it sounds like taking the path backwards.

Worblehat

Planter
Which is exactly what the mermaid puzzle has you do - place flute blocks in a specific pattern. You're just doing a more complicated version elsewhere in addition to the mermaid puzzle. My point is that we don't need specific blocks for the mermaid puzzle because flute blocks already are those blocks.

The scale of your ambition for your Imperial March shed makes me wonder if you're the type of player who builds a working computer in Dwarf Fortress... 😀