i'm feeling so dumb right now....

thatsmetttt

Farmhand
i posted a thread here asking for help since all my portraits were weird and i didnt know why, since the two portrait mods i have installedhad a completely diferent art style.

i unistalled the game, installed it again, added my mods back one by one. sometimes the portraits went back to normal, then id add my mods and they would change again.

thats when i realized: there was a mod i didnt pay much attention. fishking 1.6.

i thought it was a fishing mod, so i always added it back. but then i realized the only fish related mods i had was the autofishing and the visiblefish.

i searched for fishking 1.6 in nexus and IT WAS A PORTRAIT MOD. WITH THE EXACT ART STYLE MY GAME HAD.

im feeling so dumb right now!!

Alysha

Farmhand
I've make much worse mistakes. When I was just starting creating mods, my mods were very unstable, and I crashed my game. Multiple times. It took me way too long to figure out that it was my very own mod that was the issue.

thatsmetttt

Farmhand
I've make much worse mistakes. When I was just starting creating mods, my mods were very unstable, and I crashed my game. Multiple times. It took me way too long to figure out that it was my very own mod that was the issue.
thats why i didnt start to make mods yet, im too scared they will crash my game. i also want to understand coding better before giving it a shot

Lew Zealand

Helper
I've been wanting to try just the simplest of mods but compatibility makes me stop as I get put off easily by things breaking that I don't understand, so I guess I just mod the narrative of the game in my head and then write some of it here.

Draconifors

Farmhand
I would definitely assume that to be a fishing mod as well, and it would quite possibly be the very last mod I would suspect of messing with portraits. :'D

I've been wanting to try just the simplest of mods but compatibility makes me stop as I get put off easily by things breaking that I don't understand, so I guess I just mod the narrative of the game in my head and then write some of it here.
I haven't considered modding the game yet because I've not played that much yet, but if I were to, I would also be hesitant for that same reason.
Many times mods have broken things in my games in mysterious and seemingly nonsensical ways, despite having been installed correctly and not having any known incompatibilities.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
I understand. I want SDV Extended or Ridgeside Village but they require subscriptions to nexus mods cause they download way to much content for free downloads. Plus each require like 4 or 5 launchers ( I guess that’s right) to get them to work in addition to the huge download and subscription it just makes my head spin how people can do that. The only one I have is CBJ cheats menu. It allows you to freeze time, move faster, make combat and fishing easier and helps me be able to play on a pc from my bed. We set the tv as a monitor and made the print giant so I can see. I have a mini keyboard and a mouse. It’s rough but beats the controller to pieces. We can’t afford a laptop, but my husband took a bunch of stuff from his stash (he works in IT) and made it work. He spoils me rotten to help make my days easier in my state, he’s the best in the world. 🥰

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Same, and I didn't want to bother with all the changes that would be made with 1.6, now that the update is released though....

Lew Zealand

Helper
I understand. I want SDV Extended or Ridgeside Village but they require subscriptions to nexus mods cause they download way to much content for free downloads. Plus each require like 4 or 5 launchers ( I guess that’s right) to get them to work in addition to the huge download and subscription it just makes my head spin how people can do that.
It's these mod dependencies that put me off and I've tried in other games. I believe the only one I've gotten to work (twice!) is Morrowind and that's because the recommendations I've found are very clear and pretty much walk you through it. Also it's a 20+ year old game so probably less complicated.

The only one I have is CBJ cheats menu. It allows you to freeze time, move faster, make combat and fishing easier and helps me be able to play on a pc from my bed. We set the tv as a monitor and made the print giant so I can see. I have a mini keyboard and a mouse. It’s rough but beats the controller to pieces. We can’t afford a laptop, but my husband took a bunch of stuff from his stash (he works in IT) and made it work. He spoils me rotten to help make my days easier in my state, he’s the best in the world. 🥰
It sounds like CJB Cheats is a game-changer for your access needs which is great! And of course getting a PC hooked to a big screen doesn't hurt either. I sit in a chair quite close to a 32" monitor so I'm SPOILED for size and space and I'm wayyy used to it. I have real problems playing on something so small as a 10" tablet and yes I tried on my phone but it's frustrating and I really don't want to ruin SDV by being frustrated. Switch was OK but really opened up for me when I hooked it to a 32" TV, so I used it effectively like a PC with controller. So much easier on the eyes!

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
It's these mod dependencies that put me off and I've tried in other games. I believe the only one I've gotten to work (twice!) is Morrowind and that's because the recommendations I've found are very clear and pretty much walk you through it. Also it's a 20+ year old game so probably less complicated.

It sounds like CJB Cheats is a game-changer for your access needs which is great! And of course getting a PC hooked to a big screen doesn't hurt either. I sit in a chair quite close to a 32" monitor so I'm SPOILED for size and space and I'm wayyy used to it. I have real problems playing on something so small as a 10" tablet and yes I tried on my phone but it's frustrating and I really don't want to ruin SDV by being frustrated. Switch was OK but really opened up for me when I hooked it to a 32" TV, so I used it effectively like a PC with controller. So much easier on the eyes!
Yes it has been. I’m able to enjoy 1.6 that way, vs waiting up to a year for mobile. Mobile is still easiest, but with mods it’s pretty similar just more handwork so I have to take breaks, but can definitely play longer than the steam deck that was so heavy and hard to control made my hands numb and throb with pain. This set up is much easier, but a little harder to see for my old lady eyes so we blew up the tv font like giant and it’s much easier lol.

Odyssey

Tiller
I want SDV Extended or Ridgeside Village but they require subscriptions to nexus mods cause they download way to much content for free downloads.
I recently downloaded SVE and the required extras for it to work (plus the recommended new farm layout) without a subscription to nexus so you should be able to do the same if you do want to give it a try.

The download of the main mod file took a few minutes at the slower download speed but it wasn't an excessive wait. My internet connection is decent but not super fast and my laptop is a few years old and was mid range when I bought it.

GDawney

Sodbuster
I recently downloaded SVE and the required extras for it to work (plus the recommended new farm layout) without a subscription to nexus so you should be able to do the same if you do want to give it a try.

The download of the main mod file took a few minutes at the slower download speed but it wasn't an excessive wait. My internet connection is decent but not super fast and my laptop is a few years old and was mid range when I bought it.
Same. I don't subscribe and since the 1.6 update I've had to redownload my SVE files at least 3 times. Definitely time consuming, and I wish that I were in a position to send money to the developer. I have never had a subscription to Nexus or any other modding community. It takes patience and yes it's scary. But I learn new things and I have found some very fun mods--like the Skip Fishing mod, that I love.