I'm a bit disappointed by Harvey's eighth's heart event

Pluffy

Planter
So Harvey's wikia page, had game devs update 12 as the page quote, at the end it said this "sadness about him, as if there’s something he’s not telling you..." It made me hope it was something more serious-not like Shane's Penny's, Alex's or even Sebastian's but still something more then Him not being able to get his dream job because of bad eyesight/fear of heights

For the record-I know it's my fault, I read in it too much-I love angst so I was hoping for something more for a guy I was already romancing, but after it, I kind of lost the desire to romance him, I still think I'm going to romance him as I was attracted to him beforehand (I love his wonky sprite and I'm already attracted to nerd characters) but I do think I want to get to everyone's eighth heart event first, plus I don't want to move the game too fast as right now I can't really fish or go too far into combat mode, as the mods I want aren't working, and I need my brother to fix it.

Yeah I just needed to get it off my chest, as I find making post about things helps, and it does I want to get back into the game. :)

Boo1972

Farmer
Harvey is not my favorite, even though I find him sweet. Regardless, His 10 heart event is one of the best and is worth experiencing. But, enjoy playing the field a while. That’s pretty fun too!

imnvs

Local Legend
Harvey is terribly sweet, nice, conscientious and just down-right wholesome. I love him to death... but I find it hard to romance him too. I get it. He's everyone's boring but nice, good-person uncle.

Boo1972

Farmer
Ahem, I can’t believe I missed this in my earlier post, but Harvey does have dialogue that suggests a deeper sorrow. It’s not expanded upon, though.

Pluffy

Planter
Hey-question what dialogue are you talking about? I had thought of several but I would just like to know in case I'm overlooking something (the quotes I'm thinking of-his old age, lack of money, him "feeling like he didn't belong in stardew valley")

Pluffy

Planter
LOL about this age thing, when I imagine his age 33 comes to mind, and I looked up what fans took the characters ages to be, and they indent to agree with him putting him in his early to mid 30's, so I think him talking about himself like he's in his 40's or 50's a bit weird, but then again I know other people who are in their early to mid 30's and they do the same thing.

EDIT: Okay find one more quote and I'm kind of mad that I did because I wanted to happened naturally, his patients not making it or close to death then again, I'm sure other people done the same thing on the characters, and I in the very least tried not spoiler myself still upset though but I think I will get over it.

Last edited:
Ahem, I can’t believe I missed this in my earlier post, but Harvey does have dialogue that suggests a deeper sorrow. It’s not expanded upon, though.
I my headcanon he is an orphan. The reason he moved to the valley was because he wanted to be away from the place where his family died abd start a new life.

Boo1972

Farmer
Hey-question what dialogue are you talking about? I had thought of several but I would just like to know in case I'm overlooking something (the quotes I'm thinking of-his old age, lack of money, him "feeling like he didn't belong in stardew valley")
It was about how it feels to lose a patient - I wish I remembered the exact quote. He doesn’t state he lost a patient, although all doctors do. But he seems like the type to be deeply affected by that.

Pluffy

Planter
Okay cool, I did find the quote by accident I was just trying to find other quotes, it’s under 5 or 8 hearts I don’t want to look it up, as I don’t want to spoiler myself on the quote more or other quotes, but if you loo on his official wikia page you will find it.

Last edited: