If 1.5 only added one new feature, what would you want it to be?

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
Although not one feature, a small list of things I would love to see in the game would be:
  1. Beach/Shore/Seaside farm layout.
  2. Boats / Fishing on the open ocean
  3. New villagers to move in
  4. New monsters
  5. New crops
  6. A small hot tub / shower for the farm
  7. Camera item, Take pictures and share them to villagers as gifts and quests, and add the prints as artwork to your home.

I guess if I sat down and really thought about it, I could add more, but those are the ones I would love to see in game. If I HAD to choose just one however, I'd probably go with my first item, as someone who lives on an island, this would make me feel more at home.

shinphish

Greenhorn
  • Arcade machine furniture
  • Cave Choice Change - Bat to Mushroom, Mushroom to Bat
    • Cave Choice Expansions
      • Mushrooms - kōji mold spores - combine with milled rice to make Sake
      • Bats - guano - combine to make Iridium Grade Fertilizer/Crops or Potent Explosives
  • Legendary Fish fish reappearing after year 3 - add to ponds - add as ingredient in cooking new festival linked dishes.
  • Adjust Grange Display to have 'take all' button
  • Presence of Obelisk on Farm allows Shrines to teleport back to Farm/Obelisk
  • Add one more child development stage to allow them to leave the house and explore the farm
  • Tractor
    • Green Tractor can plow
    • Green Tractor with planter add-on can plow/plant
    • Red Tractor can plow debris (rock/wood/brush) and plant
  • Notification Pop-up (like recent Tool Upgrade Completion) to remind you of Traveling Cart's arrival
  • More consistent option for Red Cabbage in year 1 - Year 1 Community bundles waiting on one item is such a tease.
  • Prevent all items from falling in water on farm map. Scarecrows meeting a terrible fate.
  • Tree specific hardwood logs appear near Farm Orchards to add value to non-seasonal Trees.
    • Fruit Tree Hardwood - Ship/Sell value
    • Oak, Pine, Maple Hardwood logs for crafting.
Best game in a long long time. Bought it on 4 different platforms.

Last edited:
The big feature that I’d like to see is just more spouse/family stuff. Dialogue, events, the whole shebang (i have a few dialogue mods loaded up and it’s pretty cool seeing all this new stuff — brings me back to when I first started playing the game and interacting with everyone!). I’d love the ability to go with my spouse and our kids to the beach or the city for a fun family trip where we can get a picture at the end of it or something a la
that photo we get with Marnie and Jas
,though I don’t know how possible that is. It’d be cool to see them walking around the farm and hugging the animals and the chickens and all that — or lugging around a sword? Doing something that relates to their parent. Or not, their personality could be randomized like Bananapaws suggested. Really, I’d just like to see the kids interact with the world bc they feel like house goblins and/or a figment of our imagination bc no one except for your spouse remarks on them. It’d be cool if the different villagers gave you advice or something before the kids arrive/are born. If your farmer is hosting a lil parasite it’d be cool if caroline or one of the others who’ve gone through the whole process gave you a book or something. Maybe a painting? A recipe? And if Evelyn or George said something about your kid in a grandparent-y way, which would probably depend on whether or not you’re at 10 hearts with them. Or what if there was a baby shower-like event with the whole town? Oof, that was a whole ramble, sorry.

(also a small thing — I don’t know if there is a way (maybe I’ve just missed it lol) but a way to un-hoe land with an axe or the hoe or something like that just because it drives me crazy when I accidentally hoe a little square of land and I have to wait a few days for it to un-hoe itself. )
good idea. the advice is cool.

I think that it would be great if there is more major Joja story line, I feel like once the community centre is complete, Joja is kind of over, weather or not you joined Joja, there is still not much related to Joja, I think that it would be cool to be able to have Joja themed clothes and for there to be some kind of dark story for Joja.
I also think that it would be cool to have a city of some kind that Joja has control of, and things like that; I know that I may sound like I really like Joja and stuff like that, and that is exactly what I think, Joja is a great part of Stardew Valley, and there just isn't much about Joja in the game. I know that Stardew Valley is more of a country game, but I still think that it would be cool to be able to explore a huge city.
It would be great to be able to explore more, have a huge expanded map.
cool. I have an idea fo back story for Morris but not to joja. do you have one?

SnailWeen

Cowpoke
Something like a creative sandbox mode where you're able to make your desired farm without having the materials
(I didn't check the other replies before typing this. Someone probably worded it better than me:water:)

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
Something like a creative sandbox mode where you're able to make your desired farm without having the materials
(I didn't check the other replies before typing this. Someone probably worded it better than me:water:)
I'm guessing what your suggesting is something similar to "Creative" mode from say Minecraft?

SnailWeen

Cowpoke
I'm guessing what your suggesting is something similar to "Creative" mode from say Minecraft?
Yes, just without the terraforming. You'd choose a map and place different leveled barns/coops, trees, fences, decorations, etc. When I thought of it I was thinking more Subnautica creative mode (it might be called sandbox idk) but Minecraft creative mode is a more common concept to base it off.

Odin

Staff member
That would be cool! In the meantime I think there's a combination of mods that will let you do this, and there's Stardew Planner.

Matt

Greenhorn
It would be cool to see more trees/foragables that could be used in crafting and food recipes.
For instance, birch trees: you can tap it for a wintergreen root beer tasting oil... Chaga mushroom (found on birch trees) with birch oil, dandelion root and honey could be used as a recipe for wild tea (with something like a max health or a foraging buff?).. Willow tree's, where excess bark gathered from the ground could be used to craft muscle remedy.
Also would be nice to have heart scenes connected to the child and involving the spouse.

Helios

Greenhorn
i recall seeing a mod that allowed your spouse to go to the mines with you; perhaps something like that would be worthwhile, especially in skull cavern

Kurachi84

Planter
My nr 1 would be more love candidates, but i think that's only better with more areas to find them at, maybe a few small places elsewhere, where we can find them, like a whole village with all of them, or smaller areas with each one in each area.
I do remember CA answering about more of them, so maybe it'll have more at that update?

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
I'm sure 1.5 will have at least two or maybe even three new features in it. But if it was only going to have one, and you got to decide, what would you add to the game?
For mobile, add the "add to existing stacks" feature when unloading items into chests-I played on PC for the first time last week and i loved that feature.