I'd like to see other characters fishing

While looking to see if a curiosity lure would help my chances of snagging an octopus in the night market submarine (it won't), I noticed that none of the villagers like it as a gift. This got me thinking about the villagers and fishing. Aside from Willy, we don't see any of the villagers fishing outside of the ice fishing competition in Winter. During that, we see Pam and Elliot know how to fish and Sam comments that he doesn't know how to fish. Kent commonly makes the remark that it looks like a good day for fishing, yet he doesn't even enter the contest. Pam mentions looking for a hobby during some of her random daily dialogues.

I was thinking, it would be nice if you could gift fishing rods to these characters (except Willy, I suppose, since he already has one) and then see them fishing occasionally. Elliot hangs out by the river in the forest during Fall anyway, and he seems to be good friends with Willy (since they tell the farmer each other's loved/hated items). Kent hangs out in front of his house (which is right by the river) on some evenings and Sam does during the afternoon on certain days (he also hangs out by the river in the forest sometimes). These would be the times I'd imagine you'd see that. Maybe there could even be a cutscene if you gift both Kent and Sam rods (and have enough hearts with each) where you come across Kent teaching Sam to fish in the river in front of their house.

I don't know. It's just something I think would be nice.

I’d love to be able to teach some characters stuff, maybe each character or a few of them have a couple things you could show them how to do and maybe you’d catch them once in a while doing.
That would be cool.

I always wish there was an option to offer to show Abagail a few swordfighting tips during that cutscene. Sebastian mentions getting cut in the caves and Emily sometimes comments that if she didn't have to work, she'd help you look for crystals
In the mines. Maybe you could gift them swords or daggers and then see them training in their rooms sometimes (or the cemetery, for Abby, and maybe by the mine enterance or train tracks for Sebastian, since he hangs out at those spots anyway).

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
That would be cool.

I always wish there was an option to offer to show Abagail a few swordfighting tips during that cutscene. Sebastian mentions getting cut in the caves and Emily sometimes comments that if she didn't have to work, she'd help you look for crystals
In the mines. Maybe you could gift them swords or daggers and then see them training in their rooms sometimes (or the cemetery, for Abby, and maybe by the mine enterance or train tracks for Sebastian, since he hangs out at those spots anyway).
YESS, it would be so cool to have some sort of duel practice cutscene (could also show some handy tips for pve for the player). Also if we could learn in turn like more on the board game Seb plays.