I want marry with willy and sandy

nomnom

Newcomer
Why can't I marry them?

Willy could be my personal wish.
But I think what Sandy says is enough spark to develop into a lover.

what do u think?
Is there another npc you want to marry?

Well Shane and Emily were not marriageable when the game came out, and this seems to be a common suggestion. I wouldn't say this is unlikely to be implemented in the next update!

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I definitely have some thoughts about this myself. Sandy especially seems like a prime candidate, since she had a good few votes in the bachelorette poll, was 2nd place after Emily, and is probably currently the most commonly requested marriage candidate. However, I don't personally think that any NPCs who are already in a relationship, especially if they're married, should be marriage candidates. You'd have to break up a marriage, and that just feels harsh to me, not really fitting with the overall tone of the game.

I definitely have some thoughts about this myself. Sandy especially seems like a prime candidate, since she had a good few votes in the bachelorette poll, was 2nd place after Emily, and is probably currently the most commonly requested marriage candidate. However, I don't personally think that any NPCs who are already in a relationship, especially if they're married, should be marriage candidates. You'd have to break up a marriage, and that just feels harsh to me, not really fitting with the overall tone of the game.
You're right, a game with a girl suspected of being a product of infidelity, a negligent step-father, a depressed man to the point of considering suicide, a mayor stringing along a woman for non-strings-attached sex, a PTSD soldier showing he's having a hard time adapting back to civilian life, where you're able to mess with ex-spouses' memories without consent, and getting rid of your kids whenever... but breaking up a marriage is beyond the pale.

Going out with all available people of the town, behind their collective backs is hunky-dory, though!

imnvs

Local Legend
You're right, a game with a girl suspected of being a product of infidelity, a negligent step-father, a depressed man to the point of considering suicide, a mayor stringing along a woman for non-strings-attached sex, a PTSD soldier showing he's having a hard time adapting back to civilian life, where you're able to mess with ex-spouses' memories without consent, and getting rid of your kids whenever... but breaking up a marriage is beyond the pale.
Yes, but you aren't part of those things. We're supposed to be the "good guy".

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Yes, but you aren't part of those things. We're supposed to be the "good guy".
Not to mention, the Farmer doesn't get away with dating every available NPC at once, and they react accordingly to this (unless you happen to have a rabbit's foot on hand). The Farmer also doesn't get away with turning their children into doves anymore. What I'm saying is, even if the Farmer was able to break up an established marriage, there would more than likely be some lasting repercussions for choosing to do so.

Last edited: