I need help about something (includes 1.5 spoliers)

I want to achieve perfection on my main save but in the same time I don't want the game to end. I don't want to see the end of that save. Also I hate some characters so I won't befriend them. What is the best way to solve this? I know this question might be a little dumb but I guess other opinions might help me.

Planter
The game doesn't end after you earn Perfection. You get a special cutscene and some in-game extras, but can carry on for as long as you wish.

For the friendship though, you have no choice than fully befriending everyone, regardless of you appreciations towards them, but you can always lower the heart count after Perfection by pelting them with a slingshot, putting something nasty in the Luau, not talking to them (as long as they aren't at full hearts), or in the case of Penny, answer wrong in her 10-heart event., and eventually bring all your hated ones to zero hearts.

Edit: I think that trick for Penny works for her 8-heart event as well, but just double check to be sure, and make sure not to trigger it before perfection.

Last edited:

Boo1972

Farmer
Well, I played past perfection on the only farm I’ve achieved it on. There was still so much to do! Reaching the summit didn’t really feel like the end for me.

As far as befriending NPCs you don’t like there is nothing to do at first but gift them- even if it hurts. And trust me, for some of them it hurts. But once you’ve gotten perfection, you can follow them around town with your slingshot. Just make sure you pelt them with your golden eggs.

Out of curiosity who do you refuse to befriend?

I also intend to play past perfection on my late game save, I have goals nowhere near as ambitious as some but I do want to have at least 100 million in the bank, and I want to continue to work on large scale projects and self-imposed challenges which are only really possible once money is no object. After all if I want to staircase down to level 500 or 1000 or 5000 and then start mining iridium I'm not exactly going to be able to do that on a challenge farm or new save XD

Out of curiosity who do you refuse to befriend?

I also intend to play past perfection on my late game save, I have goals nowhere near as ambitious as some but I do want to have at least 100 million in the bank, and I want to continue to work on large scale projects and self-imposed challenges which are only really possible once money is no object. After all if I want to staircase down to level 500 or 1000 or 5000 and then start mining iridium I'm not exactly going to be able to do that on a challenge farm or new save XD
I did befriend them on a previous save but I hated their dialogue and events.

Tom

Farmer
I just like that I keep reading about golden eggs, which I have never seen in-game even at perfection. And for once I likely will not look them up at the wiki. One of these days maybe I will have a nice surprise.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I mean, you can just skip events of the characters you don't feel like talking to. Gift them on their birthdays until they're 8 or 10 hearts and be done with them

Corvus

Sodbuster
Now, there's a mod: Snide remarks to those villagers you don't care about that lose you hearts.

"Say, Haley, anybody ever tell you you're a stuck-up diva?"

Sigrah

Farmer
The game doesn't end after you earn Perfection. You get a special cutscene and some in-game extras, but can carry on for as long as you wish.

For the friendship though, you have no choice than fully befriending everyone, regardless of you appreciations towards them, but you can always lower the heart count after Perfection by pelting them with a slingshot, putting something nasty in the Luau, not talking to them (as long as they aren't at full hearts), or in the case of Penny, answer wrong in her 10-heart event., and eventually bring all your hated ones to zero hearts.

Edit: I think that trick for Penny works for her 8-heart event as well, but just double check to be sure, and make sure not to trigger it before perfection.
You can drop your hearts to 0 with Penny during the 8 heart event, but it seems pointless to do if you haven't reached 10 hearts yet unless you're doing a Jerk Farmer challenge.