I don’t like it here anymore.

ArtifactSpot

This is no longer a supportive or safe place for me to hang out. I’m being teased and my health issues just been made fun of and mocked. I enjoy several of you, and will miss you dearly but I don’t belong here. People don’t like how I talk, and I’m always saying things that make people mad and I don’t get why. I feel like I’m following forums rules but my posts are taken wrong and start debates at best, arguments at worst. Maybe one day I’ll fit in here again, learn how to speak more clearly, but that time is obviously not now. Thanks to all who have supported and encouraged me, you know who you are.

Bawby

Planter
This is no longer a supportive or safe place for me to hang out. I’m being teased and my health issues just been made fun of and mocked. I enjoy several of you, and will miss you dearly but I don’t belong here. People don’t like how I talk, and I’m always saying things that make people mad and I don’t get why. I feel like I’m following forums rules but my posts are taken wrong and start debates at best, arguments at worst. Maybe one day I’ll fit in here again, learn how to speak more clearly, but that time is obviously not now. Thanks to all who have supported and encouraged me, you know who you are.
Absolutely. Take care of number 1, as the saying goes. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll always have a place here when you're ready to come back.

I've been thinking about hitting the old dusty trail myself. 1.6 has made the threads a bit alienating for me as a console player. Instead of sharing moments of a loved game with others, it's now moments of being outside looking in.
I'm sure things will be exciting again once 1.6 comes out for consoles, but by that time it'll be "old hat" for most members. And I just have a gut-feeling that my moments of excitement will be robbed by someone wearing their snoot-suit reminding me that they knew about something long ago because they had 1.6 long ago.

Anyways, sorry to move in on your spot here, but thank you at the same time, for this felt like the perfect place to vent some frustrations.

ArtifactSpot

I hope that you have a better experience when you come back. <3
Thank you. This means a lot! I think I’m going to have to wait awhile until it’s out for console/mobile to join in again. I read and keep updated but it’s incessant 1.6. There’s like nothing else discussed here anymore.

ArtifactSpot

Absolutely. Take care of number 1, as the saying goes. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll always have a place here when you're ready to come back.

I've been thinking about hitting the old dusty trail myself. 1.6 has made the threads a bit alienating for me as a console player. Instead of sharing moments of a loved game with others, it's now moments of being outside looking in.
I'm sure things will be exciting again once 1.6 comes out for consoles, but by that time it'll be "old hat" for most members. And I just have a gut-feeling that my moments of excitement will be robbed by someone wearing their snoot-suit reminding me that they knew about something long ago because they had 1.6 long ago.

Anyways, sorry to move in on your spot here, but thank you at the same time, for this felt like the perfect place to vent some frustrations.
Yes it’s as annoying as heck and nobody talks about anything else. I enjoyed coming here before but this is getting insane. CA is making a 4th patch for PC with a touch of additional content while console (and even mobile more so) are left in the dust. He should just make his games PC only and quit dragging us along for the ride. I feel ya. No need to apologize I totally agree with you. If I dare mention anything negative about CA though I will get a slew of hate responses from mods and other members alike. I care not anymore. It’s just lost welcome to all feel since this update and is now the haves and have nots like some eliteist club we can’t join. I totally hear ya.

Bawby

Planter
Yes it’s as annoying as heck and nobody talks about anything else. I enjoyed coming here before but this is getting insane. CA is making a 4th patch for PC with a touch of additional content while console (and even mobile more so) are left in the dust. He should just make his games PC only and quit dragging us along for the ride. I feel ya. No need to apologize I totally agree with you. If I dare mention anything negative about CA though I will get a slew of hate responses from mods and other members alike. I care not anymore. It’s just lost welcome to all feel since this update and is now the haves and have nots like some eliteist club we can’t join. I totally hear ya.
It does seem a little clique-y doesn't it? I thought it was just me who noticed it!
High school was a bit further away than I'm willing to admit. Even then I thought the whole idea of cliques were silly.
To be fair, some of these folk might still be in high school (or at the very least stuck in the mindset)!
Stay strong. You know now that you're not the only frustrated one.

ClaraCatte

Sodbuster
Whoever is making fun of you should be reported, cause I'm pretty sure that's against the rules.

While I may not agree with your current views 100%, I got no beef with you personally. Disagreements happen and long as they're civil and stay civil, that's okay. Text can be hard to get across points, especially since good communication is reliant on body language, tone, etc. We don't have any of that online, so things can get lost. It has taken me many years to do my best to make sure what I'm trying to say doesn't come off as too aggressive or something when that's not the intent. I'm not perfect and still mess up, but I do my best.

Take a break for yourself for a bit, then come back. We'll be here with a smile. :)

If anyone does that, do report that to the mods. That's unacceptable behavior.

Bawby

Planter
Whoever is making fun of you should be reported, cause I'm pretty sure that's against the rules.

While I may not agree with your current views 100%, I got no beef with you personally. Disagreements happen and long as they're civil and stay civil, that's okay. Text can be hard to get across points, especially since good communication is reliant on body language, tone, etc. We don't have any of that online, so things can get lost. It has taken me many years to do my best to make sure what I'm trying to say doesn't come off as too aggressive or something when that's not the intent. I'm not perfect and still mess up, but I do my best.

Take a break for yourself for a bit, then come back. We'll be here with a smile. :)

I appreciate you saying so. That's very kind of you!
The thing is, people are excited about 1.6 as they should be. Their excitement will probably end by the time I see 1.6, which is a shame that's all. I truly don't believe anybody does it on purpose. Well, the majority don't, at least. There will always be those that rain on parades. That's life you know? Otherwise, I don't believe anybody is doing anything wrong. To me personally. I'm not speaking for anyone else.
Once again, thank you for looking out!

ClaraCatte

Sodbuster
I appreciate you saying so. That's very kind of you!
The thing is, people are excited about 1.6 as they should be. Their excitement will probably end by the time I see 1.6, which is a shame that's all. I truly don't believe anybody does it on purpose. Well, the majority don't, at least. There will always be those that rain on parades. That's life you know? Otherwise, I don't believe anybody is doing anything wrong. To me personally. I'm not speaking for anyone else.
Once again, thank you for looking out!
Absolutely! Maybe the hype train will die down, just a bit. Happens with everything, tbh. However, I'm sure people will still love to discuss with you once you discover the neato things 1.6 has to offer. :3

When I see friends playing through something for the first time (whether Stardew or say...an expansion in FFXIV), I tell em to squee to me about every detail they love cause seeing their reactions always make me giddy. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure more than just me feel the same way! Heck, always welcome to DM me to squee about something you found out for the first time, if you need someone to be happy with.

Lew Zealand

Helper

I'm sure things will be exciting again once 1.6 comes out for consoles, but by that time it'll be "old hat" for most members.
I have perhaps another perspective here and it's something I've been meaning to post about for a while now. But just the short version! <audible sighs of relief>

People come and go from this Forum as they get excited for the new stuff and then get bored/move on to other things (lookin' at you, Skyrim!) but some people choose to stay a long time because they really enjoy the game, even for the 11th time. And they really enjoy the community, even all the squee posts of people discovering things for the first time. Music reaction videos on YT get millions of views watching people react to something you've heard a hundred times. It's fun!

So I think you'll be surrounded by people looking forward to your discoveries and other new people from console or mobile who will be having similar experiences to yours. I'm looking forward to all of that! :proud:

And I just have a gut-feeling that my moments of excitement will be robbed by someone wearing their snoot-suit reminding me that they knew about something long ago because they had 1.6 long ago.

Gatekeepers exist everywhere but there seem to be very few here, I hope they will be drowned out if they happen. A lot of people were waiting years for mobile v1.5 and all I remember (a very loaded claim) when it finally dropped is widespread excitement and questions about whatthefreakyfriday do I do at Ginger????

Bawby

Planter
People come and go from this Forum as they get excited for the new stuff and then get bored/move on to other things
Don't forget about feeling alienated and getting mobbed for having a dissenting opinion.
So I think you'll be surrounded by people looking forward to your discoveries and other new people from console or mobile who will be having similar experiences to yours. I'm looking forward to all of that! :proud:

Gatekeepers exist everywhere but there seem to be very few here, I hope they will be drowned out if they happen. A lot of people were waiting years for mobile v1.5 and all I remember (a very loaded claim) when it finally dropped is widespread excitement and questions about whatthefreakyfriday do I do at Ginger????
Very kind words. You being around the forums for as long as you have definitely qualifies you to predict the trends.
Hopefully you're right.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Don't forget about feeling alienated and getting mobbed for having a dissenting opinion.
I read all the recent threads and declined to reply for most of it. Because everyone had some valid opinions on all sides, but enough times it happened those opinions weren't being presented in a nuanced or considerate fashion. Yeah it's the Internet, we can't expect consideration terribly often and I just came here from reading 2 sets of posts from 2 other (non-Stardew) places where the tone was similar but far worse.

The barriers of you and I being patterns of black squiggles on a screen make it easier not to react in as humane a fashion as we'd like to. And especially when you come back to a half dozen responses, it can feel like people are yelling all at once even when the responses came in every 45 minutes or so. That feeling of being mobbed.

We get to interact online, which is pretty cool. I'd likely never have met any of you IRL without the Internet as there are 8 billion of us and I sometimes have trouble matching names to faces of people I work with! But it would be nice if everyone could have a bit more empathy for what might be relevant and important to the wildly different people on the other side of their screen. You all are different from me and y'all should be thankful for that! :toothy: And we should keep that in mind if we want to be a more inclusive community.

Very kind words. You being around the forums for as long as you have definitely qualifies you to predict the trends.
Hopefully you're right.
I hope so too.

I recently read an article I recommend everyone to read it.
I just joined and stumbled upon this post... But I hope you'll accept me nonetheless, hehe.

Last edited: