I couldn’t catch TWO freaking fish to complete the CC

LeTruffles

Newcomer
Hi all, first post. New SDV fan, I’ve been playing about a month. I’ve been struggling with the fishing, as many of you know how frustrating it is. I only had two fish to complete the entire community center. The other fish were bought at the traveling cart and things like that. After two weeks of not being able to catch the remaining fish, I decided to join Jojas and well you know the rest. Now I feel crappy!!
Will I miss anything by doing this? Eventually, when I get the hang of fishing, I will do a second save file and complete the community center like I wanted to in the beginning.

HorrorCat

Farmhand
Unfortunately, yes. The theater is built later on in the ruined Joja Mart. Other than that, and the rewards for completing the bundle, I can’t think of anything else you will miss.

imnvs

Local Legend
All you really miss out on is seeing Morris get handed his comeuppance, but you'll get to see that next time around. You miss out on bundle rewards by not completing them too, obviously.

And honestly, if the fishing bundle was the last bundle and you'd completed all of the rest including the bulletin board... I think you did really well. You skipped one or two minor rewards, got the friendship bonus the CC route gives, and then switched to Joja so that you can buy auto-petters? Not bad, mate. That is the bundle I would skip and go Joja if I had a choice to complete the rest first.

Elenna101

Farmer
Unfortunately, yes. The theater is built later on in the ruined Joja Mart. Other than that, and the rewards for completing the bundle, I can’t think of anything else you will miss.
You can get that later by paying Joja 500,000g, actually. It gets built in the warehouse/former community center instead.

hexnessie

Farmer
Yeah, it's infuriating sometimes. I usually completely forget I should catch a walleye in Fall year 1, as this is when I stop obsessively fishing and focus on other income sources.

So then the entire CC is waiting for a single fish until next year's fall.

I also once accidentally ate a tilapia I was meaning to add to the CC bundle. I was sure I had another one stashed and didn't want to restart the day. Of course, no tilapia in stash and I had to wait until summer (it was Winter!)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You can still make the movie theater.
Someone already informed you of this, sorry.

MissDandy

Farmer
Yeah, it's infuriating sometimes. I usually completely forget I should catch a walleye in Fall year 1, as this is when I stop obsessively fishing and focus on other income sources.

I also once accidentally ate a tilapia I was meaning to add to the CC bundle. I was sure I had another one stashed and didn't want to restart the day. Of course, no tilapia in stash and I had to wait until summer (it was Winter!)
My first time doing it, the same thing happened where I had to wait a whole year for a crop or fish or something that the cart lady never sold. I just focused on other objectives until I could get it, I guess. It's hard waiting when all you want is for the days to fly by.

LRangerR

Local Legend

To be fair you can still catch Walleyes in Winter, you just need to use a rain totem. Also, walleyes are jerks.