I can't raise my mine level, any tips?

Pluffy

Planter
Is my luck just rotten, or am I doing something wrong, I know not every rock in the mines will raise it and I've been trying to only hit the dark rocks and the boulders, I tried to both mine rocks from outside the mine-a few on my farm because dang trees massively cover it up, since I didn't cut them down with my first axe, and a few I found on the forest/mountains then enter the mines, but that didn't work. I also on a good day want to the mines, it was later since I had to farm, same thing-dark rocks, I even had a gem and the rocks give me helpful things. Still didn't raise it.

viccallan

Greenhorn
If you are playing the standard farm you can clear all of the rocks on that farm to get to level 2 mining. The really big boulders don't give any mining experience. If you hit the dark grey rocks they give 3 experience the other rocks only give experience if they have a rock or coal so it takes some work to get up in level. If you look at the Skills Wiki page it will give you an idea of how much rock you have to mine. Also the mining page will help too. HTH

Pluffy

Planter
I'm on level 7 not 1, and I know what I needed to get my mine level up, but I did not get enough points for it to work, thanks I wasn't aware the wikia page said what points you need, is there any chance to figure out how many points I need left?

DJModulo

Sodbuster
I'm on level 7 not 1, and I know what I needed to get my mine level up, but I did not get enough points for it to work, thanks I wasn't aware the wikia page said what points you need, is there any chance to figure out how many points I need left?
Not within a vanilla game; it's possible with mods or by looking at the save file in raw though.

IMO the best way to raise your mining skill past level 6 is by bombing your way through Skull Cavern. If you are not in Skull Cavern already I don't think you need to be too concerned raising your mining level too far past level 6 for bombs (Mega Bombs are nice to have, but not a necessity)

Pluffy

Planter
I need them to chop down my trees as I didn’t, chop them down into later and they too overgrown to chop them down quickly, I guess just have to develop my farm around them, or chop them down overtime, into I can get mega barns.

Elenna101

Farmer
Breaking ore nodes and gem nodes will give you a lot more xp than rocks (of any kind).

The mining page on the wiki lists the amount of xp from any kind of node.
The Experience page on the wiki lists the amount of xp needed for each level.

EDIT: Also you can blow up trees with regular bombs, it just takes more bombs per tree.

Pluffy

Planter
Update it worked (enough I lost a lot of health do to not moving well enough), wasn't able to get most of them, but overtime I will get more so I'm exited.

imnvs

Local Legend
Have you unlocked the Quarry yet by getting the bridge fixed? That's a low-stress area with lots of rocks and nodes to mine with zero danger. Make sure to stop in there occasionally to help bring your XP up.

Gold ole megabombs Armageddon. Take a few hundred megabombs, your sword and some healing items. Go to skull cavern and leave it a smoking crater. Did this in a mp game went I went in at level 1 and left at level 5-7. I did blow up my way to level 137 so it's not without doing a little work..........I hate that whooshing sound

Pluffy

Planter
Have you unlocked the Quarry yet by getting the bridge fixed? That's a low-stress area with lots of rocks and nodes to mine with zero danger. Make sure to stop in there occasionally to help bring your XP up.
No, I thought to fix the boat you needed to compete the community centre, but thank you!

EDIT: I was right, I can't do it because I need to develop my farm, and the trees are in the way (I want to do it right so I don't usually do the gifts I get.)

Last edited:

Pluffy

Planter
Gold ole megabombs Armageddon. Take a few hundred megabombs, your sword and some healing items. Go to skull cavern and leave it a smoking crater. Did this in a mp game went I went in at level 1 and left at level 5-7. I did blow up my way to level 137 so it's not without doing a little work..........I hate that whooshing sound
Thanks, but that's why I needed to raise the mine level for I can make mega bombs. (The dwarf scroll ll is impossible to find, so I can't buy them yet.)

Thanks, but that's why I needed to raise the mine level for I can make mega bombs. (The dwarf scroll ll is impossible to find, so I can't buy them yet.)
Not trying sound combative but if your having problems with the scroll 2 go for the spot Sprite eradication goal...........odds are you will get around 8 and if not the reward will help future goals. Also you can trade 5 iridium ores for a megabombs. Though if your posting not have DS2 then I understand that not being viable yet

Pluffy

Planter
Yeah attempted I attempted it, but I gotten discouraged by the amount I have to kill as was in my 100's or something, but I needed to kill 500 of them, I was looking for something quick, but I now I have to play something a bit long.

Dust Sprites drop coal, which is useful, and the Burglar Ring is pretty great, so I do strongly recommend farming some when you have the time and inclination. They can be found by popping between different floors with elevators, then leaving the mines so you don't have to "mine" to get them, that's how I'll get 100 or more in a day just for what it's worth.

Obviously that's only if doing so is fun for you, personally I enjoy it and it's a pretty efficient way of getting coal especially once you've gotten the ring, so I've probably killed tens of thousands of dust sprites by now XD

That all is of course a totally different thing than the whole tree situation, glad you got that sorted out, nice thing is you probably got a ton of wood from that. I've been trying to get better about clearing the forest south of the farm, and not my farm itself, during early game so that my farm can Get overgrown, since especially year 2+ that kind of wood is crazy expensive coming from Robin. Unfortunately I'm somewhat of a compulsive tree chopper and if I have to walk around a tree to get somewhere it's probably coming down XD Best of luck with the mega barns!