Android I can't play on pc saves

leafboy

Greenhorn
I had transferred this same save to the pc, played it for a while, and then moved it to the mobile, but the game does not recognize the save (in this case, it doesn't even appear on the load screen) Has anyone gone through this? Thank you very much in advance. Sorry for any mistakes in English (I'm Brazilian).

Lew Zealand

Helper
The Android version of the game is at v1.4.5 while the PC version of the game is at v1.5.6. You can move a game save from Android to PC and it will update that file so you can play that save in 1.5.6, but you can't move a v1.5.6 PC save to Android and open that in the Android's v1.4.5 version, sorry.

When the v1.5.6 update eventually comes to mobile (they're still working on it well over a year later thanks to many snafus), you will be able to play that save on Android.

leafboy

Greenhorn
The Android version of the game is at v1.4.5 while the PC version of the game is at v1.5.6. You can move a game save from Android to PC and it will update that file so you can play that save in 1.5.6, but you can't move a v1.5.6 PC save to Android and open that in the Android's v1.4.5 version, sorry.

When the v1.5.6 update eventually comes to mobile (they're still working on it well over a year later thanks to many snafus), you will be able to play that save on Android.
Is there any way I can downgrade the save?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Is there any way I can downgrade the save?
Not that I know of as all the features of v1.5 and later have been added to your save files, and the older versions of the game are going to be completely mystified about what to do with all that extra data. Which is why your Android won't open that save.

That is the right answer. However I'm also intrigued by wrong answers, and here's one:

In the interest of completeness, it could be technically possible if someone was to grab a save file from 1.4.5 and open it in a text editor and account for all the data in there. And then open a 1.5.6 save file and account for all that data and compare the two. Then manually remove the 1.5.6-only stuff, thus rendering it 1.4.5 compatible. However while the save file data structure is pretty simple and understandable, there's simply a whole lot of it. It's not worth the effort, even though IMO it's technically possible.

leafboy

Greenhorn
Não que eu saiba, todos os recursos da v1.5 e posteriores foram adicionados aos seus arquivos salvos, e as versões mais antigas do jogo ficarão completamente confusas sobre o que fazer com todos esses dados extras. É por isso que seu Android não abre esse save.

Essa é a resposta certa. No entanto, também estou intrigado com respostas erradas, e aqui está uma:

No interesse da completude, poderia ser tecnicamente possível se alguém pegasse um arquivo salvo da versão 1.4.5 e o m
Not that I know of as all the features of v1.5 and later have been added to your save files, and the older versions of the game are going to be completely mystified about what to do with all that extra data. Which is why your Android won't open that save.

That is the right answer. However I'm also intrigued by wrong answers, and here's one:

In the interest of completeness, it could be technically possible if someone was to grab a save file from 1.4.5 and open it in a text editor and account for all the data in there. And then open a 1.5.6 save file and account for all that data and compare the two. Then manually remove the 1.5.6-only stuff, thus rendering it 1.4.5 compatible. However while the save file data structure is pretty simple and understandable, there's simply a whole lot of it. It's not worth the effort, even though IMO it's technically possible.
Thank you so much