Forest Farm Hyrule Farm, Spring Year 3

Cuusardo

Farmer
I always have a mill on my farms so I can mill my own sugar, flour, and rice. And I always build it close to where my crops so I can take a few quick steps over to load them up. If you grow beets, you'll never run out of sugar!

I always have a mill on my farms so I can mill my own sugar, flour, and rice. And I always build it close to where my crops so I can take a few quick steps over to load them up. If you grow beets, you'll never run out of sugar!
Yeah, I just don't really grow that stuff anymore. Endgame farm and all...
Ancient Fruit, Ancient Fruit, and Ancient Fruit. In that order, Farm, Greenhouse, and Ginger Island. Oh, I do Pineapples on Ginger Island too.

imnvs

Local Legend
I love it! If I'm being honest with you, I have never made a mill because it kinda seems like a waste of space to me. If it really is good enough to be on an endgame farm, then maybe I'll look into building one in the future.

P.S I love all of the colors you painted your buildings in.
For me, I grow an aircraft carrier load of wheat end of summer and end of fall... whenever my long-grow stuff (seasonal is for junimo huts, ancient fruit is greenhouse and island only) runs out of time, I just cram in wheat... and with 544 grow spots, not all of it regrow stuff... and since all my land is covered in DSG and I'm an agriculturalist so 2 day grow time on wheat... I can get a couple cycles in and walk out with a thousand wheat each season, which means 1000 wheat flour each season just for cramming BS in at the end. Also, at the end of summer, if I time everything right, I don't have to put down DSG for a large portion of my fields because I can time the wheat to harvest on Fall 1.

Cuusardo

Farmer
Here's the inside of my farmhouse. All my legendary fish are in the aquariums, along with night market fish and a few other nifty ones I like. I gave Elliot a nice little writing room and cozied up his spouse room with some extra furnishings. The kid's room is a bit bare because I'm still working on acquiring kiddie decorations (toys).

Hyrule House Spring 3.png

Boo1972

Farmer
They are kind of cute! I’m thinking of turning the quarry into a slime farm on my current play through.

A black slime would look excellent in your herd of slime - maybe we should call it a squish of slimes. Is the only way to get black slimes through the witches curse? It would be great to be able to breed them.

Cuusardo

Farmer
As far as I know, the witch is the only way to get black slimes. I keep a wicked statue in there because I don't want all my slimes turned black, especially the tiger slime. I'm not sure about the brown/copper slimes either, but I'm betting they can be gotten through breeding. I did notice that my slimes bred some grey ones. I hate going in there to clear out green slimes because it's hard to pin down one slime at a time. I certainly don't want to accidentally kill any of the red, purple, or tiger slimes. Maybe I'll build myself a pen to breed some slimes outside and see if they breed any brown or black ones.

nicodeux

Farmer
I like your farm but at first, I was puzzled by it before realising that for a forest map there are very little trees on it.
I tend to have patches of trees that can grow widly when I play the forest map. So that's strange to me to see so few trees, though this allow me to observe different ways of placing buildings on this map. :thumbsup:

I love it! If I'm being honest with you, I have never made a mill because it kinda seems like a waste of space to me. If it really is good enough to be on an endgame farm, then maybe I'll look into building one in the future.
I often have a mill on my farms but have little usage of it. I think I will open a dedicated thread in the game discussion forum about the mill.