How to stay interested during Winter?

Luffy

Greenhorn
I love this game I really do! I play it a lot and this is my first single-player game! I on Year 1 winter and, I'm making good progress on the Community center! I have three rooms done! The Bank room, the pantry, and the Crafts room are done! I am waiting on 2 fish before the fish tank is done!

But its winter now and the game felt like it slowed down a lot! I love the events in Winter and those kept me going, however! I did not get the greenhouse done and I feel like I am stuck in a rut! I need some things to do in the last couple of days of winter and for Winter year 2 to do!

This can be anything, I have finished the mines or I would be in them during winter! I do go down into the mines for items and such pretty often! and a personal goal of mine is to finish all of the mob quests!

Ideas are welcome!

StardewWizard

Sodbuster
For me i spend winter redecorating and organizing my farm. I move buildings to more useful places and try to get the best out of the area, so by the time spring comes around im ready for full production!

tsmooth920

Farmhand
Yep, winter (especially without a greenhouse or barns/coops with animals) is a great time to stock up on resources & prep for spring when farming resumes by upgrading tools, adding buildings, and tinkering with the layout

At that point in the game, like to spend my time:

-in the mine/skull cavern gathering coal, stone, and ore, with minerals being bonus income if you're not gonna gift them
-in a foraging loop chopping down trees for wood (can even plant additional trees outside the farm and set up tappers) and looking for worms to hoe for artifacts, etc. Anything you find and can sell will help fund upgrades/additions

tommybob

Planter
For me i spend winter redecorating and organizing my farm. I move buildings to more useful places and try to get the best out of the area, so by the time spring comes around im ready for full production!
This is what I do too, I always plant tons of trees before to make sure I don't run out of wood through winter so I go around, cut them all down and design my farm based on my planner. Spring Y2 is where the real fun begins for me with my pretty farm and lots of profits.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I do a bit of mining as well in the winter. I actually plan for it by making bombs, health potions, etc. ahead of time. Even after getting to the bottom, I still make runs from time to time for things I need. But I also take the opportunity to work on my farm trees. I have a huge amount of mushroom trees in one area. During the winter, I can see them better to cut down certain ones to make my pathway for gathering easier. Same for my other trees that are tapped. So getting more organized. This winter, I cut and planted more trees. It's my 5th year.

Sounds like you have done pretty well your first winter, making good use of your time!

Last edited:

Journi

Planter
I spend my winters mining, even if I get to the bottom.
All the resources are valuable and it will help level up your mining and combat! :D

I don't like the combat system though so do be careful when on PC.