How to get Prismatic Slime

MsTiger08

Farmhand
I have accepted Raz's quest 4 times to get him that Prismatic jelly he wants so badly. Problem is, even with luck boosts, I have not been able to find the blasted slime. Is there a trick to this, or is it simply pure luck?

MsTiger08
Mother of all Tiger Slimes

Lew Zealand

Helper
I did not see a single Prizzy Slime the first time I got the quest and I searched each day. In contrast, I saw one within a few minutes the second time I got the quest so it seems pretty random.

Mother of all Tiger Slimes
I am quite the fan of Tiger Slimes and now finally have a Hutch of Tigers only. Hi Mom!

pssssst..... psssssttt... do.. ehm, well, do you have, y'know, have... the hat? :wink:

nicodeux

Farmer
Having done again this quest yesterday, I agree with @kayden : level 5 has many advantages that make it a good candidate when looking for the elusive Prismatic Slime:
  • the level is small, so we can check in a glance if the slime is spawned here
  • it is accessible with the elevators
  • the stairs are near the elevators to quickly reset the level
  • there are often 1 - 5 slimes spawned there, which increases the probability that one of them will be the Prismatic one

Ereo

Helper
Another good strategy is to look for a slime infested floor, especially on the upper levels where they are easy to kill. If you're playing on mobile or pc you can use the stardew predictor to find them, otherwise it's also a bit of luck to stumble onto them.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
Another good strategy is to look for a slime infested floor, especially on the upper levels where they are easy to kill. If you're playing on mobile or pc you can use the stardew predictor to find them, otherwise it's also a bit of luck to stumble onto them.
To add to your suggestion, once you find a slime infested floor, you can keep going back to it on the same day*. For example, if you found a slime infested floor on level 37, and hopefully brought staircases, return to level 35 and staircase back to 37. Repeat as often as you want in that session. You'll want to exit via Leave the Mine instead of using the elevator though.

* I haven't tested by leaving the Mine completely, doing other non-Mine stuff and then returning; only leaving the mine, staying in the Mine lobby, waiting a few seconds for the floor to reset, and going back to a floor. Waiting a few seconds in the lobby seems to make a difference in repopulating the floor, but I don't know if that's 100% true.

Last edited: