How to fix the "golden walnuts found" glitch (1.5 spoilers)

spongehead

Greenhorn
( Since this comes up often, I figured a resource that is easily found and linked could be useful. )

Edit: A new method has been discovered by @BlaDe to fix the results of this bug for all players on all platforms.

Simply enter the "/recountnuts" chat command into the chat box.

On PC pressing T opens it by default. It can also be opened by simply pressing the "/" key which will begin the chat with that keystroke already entered.

On consoles you open the chat box by pressing the right stick.

------

(The following is the old method for those that can edit their save file.)

When you use the checkup and you get a message reading:

Your savefile is glitched. You have found all the walnuts, but due to a bug (that affects all platforms) it doesn't record the count correctly.

Now, as it says in the subject line here, those who can not edit their save file will need for the bug to be fixed. I am very sorry. This method only works for those that can edit the save file.

First step first: Backup your save file. You can copy the entire folder to another location, edit the original, and if things go wrong after you load it back up, you can replace the corrupted file with the backup and try again.

Next, open up your save file, the same one you click on to get the checkup to work. Search in the text for "goldenWalnutsFound". You'll find a number there, the same one the checkup told you the count was. Change that number to 130.

Save.

Use the checkup again. Fixed? If not, you can ask for help.
oh my GOD this worked!! thank you thank you thank you!!!

lorry13

Greenhorn
I'm currently digging in the code in the ChatBox (Discovered I can take screenshots through it recently; helps with my not opening menu requirements; and wondered what else I could do) and stumbled across something that could help.

If you are having this issue, try entering "/recountnuts" in the chat box (T opens it by default).

I tried this on the Samus file provided above, and it is now showing 100% completion!
I play on switch and have tried this, it just gives me extra walnuts but they aren't counted in the total in the walnut room. Been grinding for perfection and a bug ruins it, so disappointed :/

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I play on switch and have tried this, it just gives me extra walnuts but they aren't counted in the total in the walnut room. Been grinding for perfection and a bug ruins it, so disappointed :/
that means you haven't found all of them, this only gives you the nuts you have spent on qi gems and you only need 116 to do so so the rest you don't know until you find them.
This is just useful if you have found them and your game doesn't count them for one reason or another, you still need to find all the nuts.
I'd take a look around, you never know what you may have missed, personally It was the one up from your farm through the forest maze around where the parrot express on your farm is.

Boo1972

Farmer
We can try to help you find your missing walnuts. What hints does the parrot in Leo’s treehouse give you? If you interact with the parrot several times and it still doesn’t give you a response there are a few places the walnuts could be hiding. For example, if you’ve left a walnut with Prof Snail of failed to win all of them at darts, the parrot will stay silent. Calling @Elenna101 because I’m sure I’ll forget a hiding spot or two.

imnvs

Local Legend
We can try to help you find your missing walnuts. What hints does the parrot in Leo’s treehouse give you? If you interact with the parrot several times and it still doesn’t give you a response there are a few places the walnuts could be hiding. For example, if you’ve left a walnut with Prof Snail of failed to win all of them at darts, the parrot will stay silent. Calling @Elenna101 because I’m sure I’ll forget a hiding spot or two.
Hiding walnuts:
One from the southern bush in the gem bird shrine, three from the banana shrine, three from the pirate dart's game and potentially any unclaimed rewards from Professor Snail.

imnvs

Local Legend
So, someone has asked me in private messages about this, and I'm stuck...

Does anyone happen to know how one would open the chatbox on mobile to utizilize the "/recountnuts" fix?

BlueGreen3

Tiller
I did the /recountnuts thing on the Switch after being stuck at 129 nuts for the longest time, but it didn't change the count. HOWEVER, when I went back to Leo's parrot, who had been saying nothing but "Awk" for every one of the many times I had checked, it suddenly said "1 in fire mountain treasures". So I WAS actually missing one, and doing the /recountnuts made it tell me where!! So relieved 😅

BlueGreen3

Tiller
So, someone has asked me in private messages about this, and I'm stuck...

Does anyone happen to know how one would open the chatbox on mobile to utizilize the "/recountnuts" fix?
You have to push in the right thumb stick. Just push in briefly, don't push and hold, that opens the emotes. The chat box should open at the bottom right. You then have to move the cursor to the box and click A, I believe, and the keyboard will pop up. Then you can type in /recountnuts.

imnvs

Local Legend
You have to push in the right thumb stick. Just push in briefly, don't push and hold, that opens the emotes. The chat box should open at the bottom right. You then have to move the cursor to the box and click A, I believe, and the keyboard will pop up. Then you can type in /recountnuts.
Mobile doesn't have the chatbox, though.

imnvs

Local Legend
Is there any chance you have figured out how to fix this yet? I am so upset right now… So many hours… Ahh.
So far as I can tell, there is no chat box, so the /recountnuts command isn't an option. On android you can transfer your save to PC and then use the command, or at the very least use the old method that I have detailed in the first post of the thread is still an option if you have access to the files, like on Android.

alyasin521

Cowpoke
I also had this problem on Android but I fixed it with another solution.The solution is: No matter how few walnuts there are, get as many chickens named [73][073]. (Each chicken is equivalent to two walnuts)To prevent the name from being repeated, you can use +-*/, etc. at the end of it