How to downgrade Stardew Valley on steam or gog to 1.4.5 for macbook??.

bereaver

Greenhorn
I need to downgrade the game to 1.4.5 for OS X in order to transfer saves to android, otherwise the saves are incompatible. How to do it??.

nicodeux

Farmer
I agree with @FilthyGorilla : it is easier to wait for update 1.5 to hit mobile this month rather than downgrade your game.

And even if you downgrade your Stardew Valley version on macOS from 1.5 to 1.4, you still won't be able to transfer your save files. The reason is that save files in 1.5 format hold many more data that save files in 1.4 and as such, are not loadable in a game under version 1.4.x, be it on macOS, Windows or Android.

So, if your expectation was to downgrade your SDV game on macOS from 1.5 to 1.4, load a save file to "convert" it to 1.4 format and then, transfer it to your mobile on Android to play it there, I'm sorry but it won't work. The only way would be to manually edit your save files to remove 1.5 content and convert back some data to 1.4 format.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I agree with @FilthyGorilla : it is easier to wait for update 1.5 to hit mobile this month rather than downgrade your game.

And even if you downgrade your Stardew Valley version on macOS from 1.5 to 1.4, you still won't be able to transfer your save files. The reason is that save files in 1.5 format hold many more data that save files in 1.4 and as such, are not loadable in a game under version 1.4.x, be it on macOS, Windows or Android.

So, if your expectation was to downgrade your SDV game on macOS from 1.5 to 1.4, load a save file to "convert" it to 1.4 format and then, transfer it to your mobile on Android to play it there, I'm sorry but it won't work. The only way would be to manually edit your save files to remove 1.5 content and convert back some data to 1.4 format.
It's a total pain, you would need to extensive alter any changed code in the most redundant of things in the game because of the constant small changes in all of the minor bug fixes and updates.

bereaver

Greenhorn
Unless you need to do it immediately you might as well just wait, 1.5 is coming out this month anyway.

What I may do if I want to play android 1.4.5 saves on OS X??. I must wait too??. Promises to update is good, but I don't believe them.

Odin

Staff member
What I may do if I want to play android 1.4.5 saves on OS X??
If you want to move your mobile save to a mac and play the 1.5 content there, you can do that today! Existing saves always work with new updates. Just be aware that if you do that, it will become a "1.5 save" and you won't be able to transfer it back to your phone until Android gets the 1.5 update.

The wiki has steps for transferring a save file between devices: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Transfer_a_save

bereaver

Greenhorn
If you want to move your mobile save to a mac and play the 1.5 content there, you can do that today! Existing saves always work with new updates. Just be aware that if you do that, it will become a "1.5 save" and you won't be able to transfer it back to your phone until Android gets the 1.5 update.

The wiki has steps for transferring a save file between devices: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Transfer_a_save
I don't need 1.5, I need 1.4.5 to move saves between android and mac to both way.

Odin

Staff member
I don't need 1.5, I need 1.4.5 to move saves between android and mac to both way.
I understand the original question, but as others in the thread have said, 1.5 on Android is due to be released in the next two weeks. Your best option at this point is to simply wait for that to occur.

bereaver

Greenhorn
I understand the original question, but as others in the thread have said, 1.5 on Android is due to be released in the next two weeks. Your best option at this point is to simply wait for that to occur.

It's a total pain, you would need to extensive alter any changed code in the most redundant of things in the game because of the constant small changes in all of the minor bug fixes and updates.
1.5 not ready for Christmas. Looks like it don't be over the next year.