Guide How to Create a Naver Account

sirimirimari

Newcomer
Hi! Thank you for such a helpful post! I’m stuck on the create account page and I’ve been scouring the internet looking for someone who had the same issue as me, but no dice. I have no problems with the phone verification, but I get stuck at the First Name field because the website won’t recognize anything I type in. I’ve tried on my phone, PC, and even work laptop, but the same error keeps occurring. I also contacted Naver, but they only said they could confirm I got the text message which wasn’t the problem I was having. Any tips or help on this would be super appreciated! I’ve attached a picture so you can see what I’m referring to. Thanks! :)

Attachments

Odin

Staff member
I get stuck at the First Name field because the website won’t recognize anything I type in.
Huh, that's an odd one. You could try copying the A and N characters from the righthand sidebars on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N just to make sure you're using the characters it expects.

If that doesn't help, one other possibility is that the site wants a name longer than 3 letters? It seems like it should be able to handle a 3 letter name, but that's the only other thing I can think of. I hope you can resolve that issue though!

Sul

Newcomer
what is Issuing Organization
I wish they will accept me , I puted my country there lol :sweat::cry:
So say you are using your state ID you would put Department of Motor Vehicles, basically where the place you got your ID or whatever you are trying to verify yourself

Yukkiihr

Greenhorn
Hi! I'm sorry for bothering you.

I'm trying to join the cafe but it have different question in this guide maybe it's because it has been one year.
I don't quite understand the question about third question.
Can you help me with this?

Sorry for my bad English
Thank You.

Attachments

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
@Yukkiihr I'm not totally sure, but I would guess that answering both the second and third question there with "예" would work.

The second question just means you agree that you're responsible for any rule-breaking stuff you post, even if you skip reading the rules. The third question seems to be a reminder to keep questions in a specific "question and answer" section. The way I read it, they just want to be sure you won't be disruptive or break rules in the group, so I think you just need to say you agree to the rules.

Yukkiihr

Greenhorn
@Yukkiihr I'm not totally sure, but I would guess that answering both the second and third question there with "예" would work.

The second question just means you agree that you're responsible for any rule-breaking stuff you post, even if you skip reading the rules. The third question seems to be a reminder to keep questions in a specific "question and answer" section. The way I read it, they just want to be sure you won't be disruptive or break rules in the group, so I think you just need to say you agree to the rules.
Alright, Thank You.

keniyuu

Greenhorn
I've written this guide to help people get set up on Naver, in order to access Stardew Valley mods that are hosted there.

This guide is based on signing up via a desktop browser. The process may differ on a mobile device. Some parts of the sign up process are easier in browsers that offer page translation, such as Chrome, Edge, or Safari. I've done my best to write this guide so that translating pages is not required though.

Before you start the signup process, it's important to know that setting up a Naver account will require you to submit personal information include your full name, date of birth, and phone number. You will also have to upload an image of a photo ID, although you are encouraged to cover your face and address before uploading it. I understand some people may not wish to share this information with Naver, which I why I'm mentioning it up front. You can learn more about Naver on Wikipedia.

Creating an Account
  1. Visit https://nid.naver.com/user2/V2Join?m=agree&lang=en_US to begin signing up for an account.
  2. Select the check marks next to "Terms of Service" and "Privacy Policy". You do not need to select any other options on this page. (See the reference image below.)
    View attachment 8488
  3. Select the "Confirm" button at the bottom of the page.
  4. On the next page, select a username and password for yourself. Fill out the other information below, be sure to use your real name and date of birth as this will be verified later.
  5. At the bottom of this page, when it asks for a phone number, be sure to select your country from the drop-down. Enter your phone number and select "Send Code". You'll receive a code via text, enter it in the field below.
  6. Select the "Sign Up" button at the bottom of the page.
  7. Select the "Start" button on the next page.
You now have a Naver account! The next step is to verify your identity.

Verifying Your Identity
  1. This part requires you to upload a copy of a photo ID to the site, for example a driver's license. Naver only needs to see your name, date of birth, and gender on the ID. I would encourage you to cover your photo, address, and any other personal information that the site does not require, either before taking a picture of the ID, or afterwards in editing software. Take a picture of your ID.
  2. Visit https://help.naver.com/support/contents/contents.help?serviceNo=532&categoryNo=25874&lang=en.
  3. Scroll down to the section that contains fill-able fields. Leave the email as-is, and then enter your name, gender (as it appears on the ID you will be using), and the phone number you used when signing up. Select the two check boxes below that.
  4. Select the "Attach File" button. A new page will open, select "Choose File" and select the picture of your ID. Click the bottom left button, as shown in the image below.
    View attachment 8492
  5. Fill out the fields below. For the "Requests" field, enter I am requesting identity verification to use Naver Cafe. or a similar message. Check "I agree" and select "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
After submitting verification, it may take a day or two for Naver to approve your account. You can check if this has happened by going to https://mail.naver.com/, keep an eye out for a message with the subject "Hello, This is NAVER." Click on the message, it should confirm that your account has been verified.

Joining the Stardew Valley Cafe
  1. Visit https://cafe.naver.com/starvall/ to start.
  2. In the sidebar on the left side of the page, select the dark grey button. I've marked in red in the image below, showing how it looks on the page in Korean and translated into English.
    View attachment 8490
  3. On the next page, you'll need fill out several fields. I've marked each of these parts of the page in the image below, showing how it looks on the page in Korean and translated into English. If you're using a browser that don't provide translations, you can use the image below as reference.
    a. The first field is selecting a username for the cafe. Nicknames need to be unique, if you pick one that has already been taken, the text below this field will remain red. The text will turn green when you've selected an available username.
    b. The section step is to grant or deny permissions for the group to see your age and gender. The option on the left is "allow, on the right is "deny".
    c. Third, you'll need to answer the sign-up question, which can be answered with (this translates to "yes").
    d. Finally you'll need to answer the CAPCHTA by entering the letters and numbers you see in the image.
    View attachment 8532
  4. Select the green button at the bottom of the page.
  5. You'll now see a pop-up message, select the green button to dismiss it.
You've now joined the Stardew Valley Korean Community! If you do choose to participate in the community there beyond downloading mods, please review their rules.

I hope this guide has been helpful!
thank you! im finally in >__< !!

Ginny

Cowpoke
I've written this guide to help people get set up on Naver, in order to access Stardew Valley mods that are hosted there.

This guide is based on signing up via a desktop browser. The process may differ on a mobile device. Some parts of the sign up process are easier in browsers that offer page translation, such as Chrome, Edge, or Safari. I've done my best to write this guide so that translating pages is not required though.

Before you start the signup process, it's important to know that setting up a Naver account will require you to submit personal information include your full name, date of birth, and phone number. You will also have to upload an image of a photo ID, although you are encouraged to cover your face and address before uploading it. I understand some people may not wish to share this information with Naver, which I why I'm mentioning it up front. You can learn more about Naver on Wikipedia.

Creating an Account
  1. Visit https://nid.naver.com/user2/V2Join?m=agree&lang=en_US to begin signing up for an account.
  2. Select the check marks next to "Terms of Service" and "Privacy Policy". You do not need to select any other options on this page. (See the reference image below.)
    View attachment 8488
  4. On the next page, select a username and password for yourself. Fill out the other information below, be sure to use your real name and date of birth as this will be verified later.
  5. At the bottom of this page, when it asks for a phone number, be sure to select your country from the drop-down. Enter your phone number and select "Send Code". You'll receive a code via text, enter it in the field below.

Verifying Your Identity
  1. This part requires you to upload a copy of a photo ID to the site, for example a driver's license. Naver only needs to see your name, date of birth, and gender on the ID. I would encourage you to cover your photo, address, and any other personal information that the site does not require, either before taking a picture of the ID, or afterwards in editing software. Take a picture of your ID.
  2. Visit https://help.naver.com/support/contents/contents.help?serviceNo=532&categoryNo=25874&lang=en.
  3. Scroll down to the section that contains fill-able fields. Leave the email as-is, and then enter your name, gender (as it appears on the ID you will be using), and the phone number you used when signing up. Select the two check boxes below that.
  4. Select the "Attach File" button. A new page will open, select "Choose File" and select the picture of your ID. Click the bottom left button, as shown in the image below.
    View attachment 8492
  5. Fill out the fields below. For the "Requests" field, enter I am requesting identity verification to use Naver Cafe. or a similar message. Check "I agree" and select "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
After submitting verification, it may take a day or two for Naver to approve your account. You can check if this has happened by going to https://mail.naver.com/, keep an eye out for a message with the subject "Hello, This is NAVER." Click on the message, it should confirm that your account has been verified.

2. In the sidebar on the left side of the page, select the dark grey button. I've marked in red in the image below, showing how it looks on the page in Korean and translated into English.
    View attachment 8490
  3. On the next page, you'll need fill out several fields. I've marked each of these parts of the page in the image below, showing how it looks on the page in Korean and translated into English. If you're using a browser that don't provide translations, you can use the image below as reference.
    a. The first field is selecting a username for the cafe. Nicknames need to be unique, if you pick one that has already been taken, the text below this field will remain red. The text will turn green when you've selected an available username.
    b. The section step is to grant or deny permissions for the group to see your age and gender. The option on the left is "allow, on the right is "deny".
    c. Third, you'll need to answer the sign-up question, which can be answered with (this translates to "yes").
    d. Finally you'll need to answer the CAPCHTA by entering the letters and numbers you see in the image.
    View attachment 8532
You've now joined the Stardew Valley Korean Community! If you do choose to participate in the community there beyond downloading mods, please review their rules.

I have an issue where it tells me to put a carrier for my phone number and i try to put in my american number but it won't work with the korean carriers

Pink Polo

Newcomer
I have an issue where it tells me to put a carrier for my phone number and i try to put in my american number but it won't work with the korean carriers
You're trying to do a phone number authentication. As a foreigner, you cannot. You need to have a Korean phone number to utilize that method of verification. You will need to follow the steps listed in the initial post.

Pink Polo

Newcomer
Finally verified thanks to this guide. Please make sure when you sign up you use whatever is on your ID because if you're missing your middle name they will reject you. I had to delete my old account and sign up again. If you do this you will need to ask them to disconnect your phone number on your old account unless its been 6 months since you made that account. It was a process but it wasn't that bad. Better if you're able to read Korean or use a translator they're very accurate.

keplian

Greenhorn

Creating an Account
    View attachment 8488

Verifying Your Identity
    View attachment 8492

View attachment 8490
    View attachment 8532

I submitted my driver's license and filled out the forum. I'm probably just being impatient, but is it possible for them to verify after 2 days? It's been 3 days and I'm worried I'll end up waiting
longer than I have to only for naver to not verify my account T-T Should I submit the verification forum again or wait?

Odin

Staff member
I submitted my driver's license and filled out the forum. I'm probably just being impatient, but is it possible for them to verify after 2 days? It's been 3 days and I'm worried I'll end up waiting
longer than I have to only for naver to not verify my account T-T Should I submit the verification forum again or wait?
I realize this reply is a bit late, but certainly if you haven't heard back by now I don't think it would hurt to resubmit things. Hopefully by this point you account has been approved though!

keplian

Greenhorn
I realize this reply is a bit late, but certainly if you haven't heard back by now I don't think it would hurt to resubmit things. Hopefully by this point you account has been approved though!
Hi, I actually had to delete my old account because the 'real name' part of my account (not the nickname) wasn't matching up with the name on my driver's license, and I couldn't find a way to change it on Naver. I made a new account and resubmitted everything; I got a reply in two days and I was able to sign up for the stardew cafe!

It's been a while and I havent had any problems since, ty for this tutorial! T-T