How to combine two farms and dungeon crawling?

tornadojack

Sodbuster
On my main farm I usually spend 6-8-10 hours to routine works (harvest, equipment management, animals care). After that it takes some time to get to dungeon. And I have very few time to do something there.
When I have 2 farms, I can't do any quest - there's no time for them. I run as a rocket, but I'm torn between this and that.

How do you manage to do everything?
I'm thinking now about stopping everything on main farm and spend my time directly to one aim. But grandpa will be unhappy if his farm is neglected again...

imnvs

Local Legend
I'm not 100% sure what you mean about having two farms... are you talking about having crops growing both on the farm and on ginger island?

If so... for me, I only grow things outside the farm with very long grow times.

Ereo

Helper
Automate!

Auto grabbers, sprinklers, Junimo huts... eliminate daily chores as far as possible. Then have one day a week where you put crops into machines, pet all your animals, process all milk and eggs... Don't collect truffles every day, collect them if space runs out or on the last day of a season.

If you want to go mining, go first thing in the morning. If you want to go to ginger island, go first thing in the morning. There's no need to delay for anything, just pick up the things you left undone on the next day.

tornadojack

Sodbuster
I only grow things outside the farm with very long grow times.
I prefer to "compress" production time with speed-grow to have more at short time.

What about fruit trees? They produce 1 fruit each day, can hold 3 fruits. So, I should harvest them each 3 days or loose production.
If I plant them on the island, I can gather fruits all the year round. If I plant them on the farm then only in summer. Island is preferrable, isn't it. It's like a big greenhouse.

Automate!

Auto grabbers, sprinklers, Junimo huts... eliminate daily chores as far as possible. Then have one day a week where you put crops into machines, pet all your animals, process all milk and eggs...
Yes, I've automated everything that I could. But kegs finish in 2-3 days, ale also requires 2 days to be produced, milk-eggs-truffles-wool are processed 2-4 times per day. I do not want my equipment to stand idle because I have good harvest. Of course I can sell it and not wreck my head thinking about that. In these case we again have "grandpa will be unhappy if his farm is neglected again". Sure he don't want me to crawl dungeons.

Don't collect truffles every day, collect them if space runs out or on the last day of a season.
Don't they disappear at night?

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, how I do it in my greenhouse...

Fruit trees: 2 apple, 2 apricot, 2 mango, 1 pomegranate, 1 peach, 1 orange, 1 cherry, 8 banana
Tillable spaces: 20 or 24(25) coffee (20 is in 2 rows along the left or right side, if 24/25 in a 5x5 square starting at 24, eventually getting to 25 when I can switch to all my sprinklers in the greenhouse using pressure nozzles), the remaining spots are all ancient fruit.
After getting DRS, add garden pots in all spaces between the 18 trees, fertilize with DRS and plant pineapples (the most expensive fruit/vegetable that regrows besides ancient fruit which can't go in garden pots).

Long-term fertilizer planning in special locations:
When using plants that remain and regrow, any speed fertilizer is a waste if it is planted in your greenhouse or on ginger island. They will mature and then what? You need something that benefits these plants after they mature. These are long-term investment plants. You either fertilize them with DSR because you want to maximize space by going sprinkler-less, or you use DF because you want the highest-quality stuff available for sale... or you just go without fertilizer so as to not waste your DSG on something that lives forever. That stuff belongs being used on your farm at home where you can have junimo huts harvest your caulis, cabbages, melons and pumpkins after you grow them super fast.

Now, to specific questions...
Don't they disappear at night?
No, truffles are more like forage, and honestly, they'll persist all month... but on the 28th you better collect everything before going to bed because any left when you go to bed and the next morning's the 1st? Those'll be lost.
If I plant them on the island, I can gather fruits all the year round. If I plant them on the farm then only in summer. Island is preferrable, isn't it. It's like a big greenhouse.
Exactly... though different trees have different seasons. You could plant literally any fruit tree in the greenhouse or on Ginger Island and they will fruit all year long.

Yes, I've automated everything that I could. But kegs finish in 2-3 days, ale also requires 2 days to be produced, milk-eggs-truffles-wool are processed 2-4 times per day. I do not want my equipment to stand idle because I have good harvest. Of course I can sell it and not wreck my head thinking about that. In these case we again have "grandpa will be unhappy if his farm is neglected again". Sure he don't want me to crawl dungeons.
My suggestion here? Make more machines so that you only have to put things in machines once, maybe twice per day when it comes to your milk/eggs/truffles/wool. Build a shed to put this stuff into if you don't want to try fitting it all in your house. That way you harvest stuff in the morning, put it all into machines, and then maybe you do it again before bed.

The same goes with kegs, in a sense. Build a shed for some kegs and preserves jars so that you can process all your fruits and veg you want to... and make sure there's enough of them so that you can rotate stuff through them, keep them busy, but once a day go through this shed just filling some of the kegs and jars. Like seriously, NOT all of them. As I said, you want to rotate stuff through these so that on any day you're only filling up 1/3rd-1/4th of them. That way, on any day, you only have some of them to deal with, not all. It can be pretty quick.

Another time-saver? With gatherer/botanist, my pigs' truffles are worth more just being sold raw than being made into truffle oil. That saves on machines/time right there, not having to process those.

Last edited: