How to carry a torch in mobile version?

autumnmoon

Greenhorn
I try to use a torch in the mines but as soon as I carry it in the iphone version, I can only place it somewhere as the green squares are immediately shown. How can I just carry the torch without placing it?

Ereo

Helper
You can't, that particular trick doesn't work on mobile.

Edit: @nicodeux is right, it does work if you switch controls.

Last edited:

nicodeux

Farmer
You can carry a torch without placing it in the mobile version: open the option/inventory interface, go to the controls tab and change the "Tap-to-move & Auto-Attack" menu (or whatever it is currently set to) to "Joystick & Buttons". You can now use the virtual joystick on the screen to move your character while holding a torch without placing it on the ground on every move.

Or, as Ereo suggest, you can also use (Small) Glow Rings or rings with similar property like Iridium Ring or Glowstone Ring.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You can carry a torch without placing it in the mobile version: open the option/inventory interface, go to the controls tab and change the "Tap-to-move & Auto-Attack" menu (or whatever it is currently set to) to "Joystick & Buttons". You can now use the virtual joystick on the screen to move your character while holding a torch without placing it on the ground on every move.

Or, as Ereo suggest, you can also use (Small) Glow Rings or rings with similar property like Iridium Ring or Glowstone Ring.
Anything with a joystick will work too, tap to move and joystick, invisible joystick and buttons, etc.

Just have to avoid tap to move. You can also use tap to move though if you re tap to go somewhere else every time you are about to -but don’t- reach the last spot you tapped.