How to auto-build mod plus CP pack?

johnpeters

Newcomer
I've built one mod (Snow Crab) with two parts:
  1. Folder "[CP] Snow Crab" contains a Content Patcher pack containing image data for a new monster.
  2. Folder "SnowCrab" contains a mod that spawns the new monster into certain mine levels.
These folders need to be within the same parent folder (either Mods or one of its subfolders). SVE, Ridgeside, and East Scarp all provide CP pack folders side by side with the core-logic-of-the-mod folders.

Trouble is, I can't figure out how to get Visual Studio to build things that way:
  • Creating #1 as a sub-folder within the main Visual Studio project and flag its files as "Copy if newer", then it puts folder #1 inside folder #2 (both in the Mods folder and in the .zip file), which doesn't work.
  • Creating #1 as a separate "solution folder" doesn't work.
  • Creating #1 as a second class-library project (that doesn't actually contain any classes, just the files for the CP pack, again flagged "Copy if newer") doesn't work either.

For the initial release, I had VS build the .zip file with just #1 and then manually added #2, but I don't want to have to do that every time I create or update a mod.

I could probably also brute-force the issue using a post-build script that copies the CP pack to the Mods folder and also adds it to the .zip file, but I don't want to have to do that, either.

Is there a simpler way to do this that I've just got a blind spot about?