How long does it take to "complete" Stardew Valley?

Nonak

Local Legend
pursuit of perfection ruins the experience of your game
Not for everyone... I often have it as a goal without rushing or stressing about it, its just when I have nothing to do I go "might as well complete this monster slayer goal, need it for perfection anyway" and then there's only a couple things left, why not push a bit. It's really just about what you enjoy doing and how you want to play.
 
It depends more on your play style and personal preferences I think. I have hundreds of hours in the game and I haven't gotten bored of it yet, but that might be partly because I progress more slowly and jump to different save files for different goals, so I've only unlocked late game content like... 3 or 4 times? Sometimes I also avoid certain story aspects for a while so I have more to do later.
 

Rahnee

Planter
Personally I think it'd take quite a while to completely exhaust my interest, just because it's so open-ended and there are many different ways to tackle certain things. For example, I typically don't use a lot of animals, only 1 or 2 of the critical ones and that's all, but I'm recently playing a save in a Meadowlands farm wherein I went the opposite way and have tons of animals (4 barns and 2 coops full and counting ... that may not sound like a lot to some but for me it's a LOT 😜).

There's also remixed bundles to spice things up, different spouses to see heart events for, etc. I guess it depends on what it is about the game you enjoy (I once challenged myself to catch a very difficult fish with challenge bait ... but that didn't actually work out 😅).

I do run out of steam occasionally and put it down for a while, but then the interest will come back and I'll start it up again (maybe I'll be bold enough to try the beach farm at some point... seems challenging...)
 

NextXander

Moderator
Staff member
It's so addicting at the start that I just power through until Perfection, and then I abandon my farm shortly after.
 
Top