House decoration

Grimmer_007

Tiller
So, I am currently in year 2 fall in my save file, Emily as wife and one toddler girl. My house is fully upgraded but it doesn't look much different from a normal non-decorated house except the flooring and wallpapers. Anyone got any ideas for bedroom, children's room, kitchen, and the two extra rooms you can get by making house renovations?

ISSsloth

Farmer
Furniture catalog.

Futan bears and junimo plushes for Kid's rooms

Fish tank/statue rooms

Dried sunflowers in the dining rooms as I think they'd look really nice.
(Note they aren't from a catalog, but the fair or crane game)

Grimmer_007

Tiller
Thanks! I have a fish tank and some statues, I recently learned the recipe for home plants, and I'll save money for the catalog. My house will look great by year 3

ISSsloth

Farmer
Thanks! I have a fish tank and some statues, I recently learned the recipe for home plants, and I'll save money for the catalog. My house will look great by year 3
I've been saving for the furniture catalog for 3 years already and I'm nowhere near. Good luck though!

Old_Nile

Greenhorn
I've been at the game for a good 100+ hours, through multiple farms, but I have yet to achieve having that catalogue. It's heaven for anyone who wants to do a house makeover, complete with the wall and floor catalogue.

Grimmer_007

Tiller
This wasn't my first save file, so I knew what to do. I have fully upgraded barn and coop. Plus with some mods I gave myself an extra 10k head start. So I'm pretty chill and I think I'll be able to save up for the catalog by the end of year three.

I've been at the game for a good 100+ hours, through multiple farms, but I have yet to achieve having that catalogue. It's heaven for anyone who wants to do a house makeover, complete with the wall and floor catalogue.
Wait the furniture catalog also has the wall and floor options or did you have to buy the other catalog from Pierre too?

Cuusardo

Farmer
The catalogs are big investments, but so worth it! I wait to fully decorate my houses until I get them so I can just plop them down in my house and go to work on it.

I always put lots of windows and fireplaces. I like the same wallpaper and flooring throughout, but many people like to do each room different. I like the giant bear statue with a couple torches behind. I put the big blue futan bear and a little brown futan bear in the kids room, sometimes a bunny or little junimo too. I like the wood stove for the kitchen, it's not in the catalog. Houseplants are nice, also growing in garden pots, you can leave a flower unpicked. There are a lot of options and it's fun!

lillianlambert

Newcomer
I usually find furniture that fits that color and the room's aesthetic (I bought the catalog before I started decorating). Then I go through and pick a wall pattern and floor pattern. I will mess out with the layout once I've got the "items" down (you can probably get this done without the catalogs by going online and curating a list). I try to avoid just lining the walls- it makes the space seem a bit smaller and less interesting. I love decorating houses. Once I bought such a cute house sing there, I wanted one in real life and found something similar on baliandboo.com.

Last edited: