Hotkey for throwing stuff in the trash?

Isa730

Rancher
Hi! I always see speedrunners automatically bringing things in their inventory to the trash, but I haven't been able to figure out the hotkey. Does anyone know what it is?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Most speedrunners use animation canceling and you'll have the delete key rebinded, either in a 3 to 1 or 1 to 1 setup. I have it to my space key in a 3 to 1 setup so I pick up the item and press space to delete it.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Clicking on the item and then pressing the delete key doesn't work on mac. Do you know why?
The key labeled delete on Apple keyboards corresponds to the Backspace key on Windows keyboards. Note that they are in the same location on both KBs, just labeled with a different name. The Windows Delete key (that Stardew uses for this Trash hotkey) is missing from Mac keyboards.

The key labeled delete on Apple keyboards corresponds to the Backspace key on Windows keyboards. Note that they are in the same location on both KBs, just labeled with a different name. The Windows Delete key (that Stardew uses for this Trash hotkey) is missing from Mac keyboards.
okay thank you, is there any way to change the hotkey to be something else so i can get it to work on mac?