Hot Java Ring. Useful? Or Nah?

NetworkerC

Sodbuster
Just pulled this from a VD Floor 9 chest. Won’t go into details, as probably late-game stuff, so Spoiler Risk, but for those who know it, and its purpose, do you actually see any use to it? Or does it go straight to Marlon, the next time you’re at the Guild?

Having checked the Wiki, I’m putting this straight to sale, but curious to see others’ thoughts?

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Gus in the saloon sells coffee and quite cheap. You also cook 3 of them into a bigger one, lasting more in-game hour(s). Or you can plant coffee beans, they produce a lot and the keg makes them coffee, swiftly. There is also the difficult to acquire coffee machine, through the harder billboard quests, that unlock at 2nd (?) year (and gives daily 1x coffee for free).

I got the Java ring in my 1.5 save, but i never used it even once. I also prefer Ginger Ale, especially for dungeon runs and maybe Lava Eel food, to go together (or other luck food, to stack). The Phoenix ring can be more useful, other players said (which also i never used, anyway).

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It’s a mixed bag depending on what you want. If you get it early on ginger island it can be pretty decent if you don’t want to waste cash or money on coffee. Later on it’s not amazing as buying coffee isn’t all that expensive, triple shot expresso speed buff all day only costs about 3000g.

VampireCake

Rancher
I'm rather fond of it, personally. It's got a pretty generous drop rate. I'm on triple espresso and either spicy eel or crab cakes constantly - I'm so used to +2 speed that anything less feels too slow. 😆 Plus I keep a stockpile of the basic coffee for Mr Qi's 'Qi's Cuisine' quest whenever it comes up - 669 coffee into 221 triple shot espresso and *boop* quest done. :toothy:

(My favourite coffee-aquiring way with it is repeating dangerous mines floors 1-10 with monster musk, slimeproofed and bug killer weapon. Can net 70-80 coffee and 15-20 espresso on a good run.)