Switch Horse cant pick up things

Helloeveryone

Newcomer
Ive been waiting too long on the ios for the ginger island update so i got stardew on the switch. However the horse doesnt pick up any items? Ive tried every button. The horse easily picked up everything on my ipad. So what am i doing wrong on the switch?

FairyRing

Farmer
oh yeah... I played on mobile and I could pick up items while riding and now on Switch I have to get off to pick the item up. I am not sure if it's something we can do different.

FairyRing

Farmer
I think the horse can't fit into certain places on the Switch. I have to have at least 2 squares for my horse to fit when riding up and down but only one square for left to right. If I remember correctly.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Yep, that's one thing that only mobile has. There are a number of other differences:

On mobile you can organise chests much easier, your tools will be automatically selected, you have to tap on every single Keg/other machine to load them, but AFAIK there is no way of holding Y and A to buy things at 5x speed (extremely painful if you ask me!).

These are just some examples that I've learned after being on the forums for a while, despite the fact that I've only ever played on Switch.

Advantages and disadvantages come with each platform, PC/Mac players can do things the ablsolute fastest, I'd say that Consoles are second, with Mobile being the trickiest to control.

There are lots of tips & tricks you can learn regarding what shortcuts you can take, I could waffle on for hours giving them, but that's not really what you came for so I'll let you go now! :D (although I did do just that concerning the differences between Switch and PC/Mac)

Hope this helps!