Hoeing/Tilling around Sprinklers?

Hey all,

First time player, I just upgraded most of my sprinklers to Iridium, and I was wondering how to most efficiently till around them? That is, the sprinklers have 5x5 coverage, but the Iridium Hoe digs 3x6, so there's some awkwardness in the practice.

I found this thread from several years ago that I honestly think would address this issue wonderfully, but I highly doubt it will be implemented, so that returns to my original question: What's the best way to till when the sprinkler and hoe coverage are so different? (Note: I know that sprinklers are no longer picked up by tilling, so that part of the linked post is irrelevant)

Theoretically if you had three Iridium sprinklers in a row, you'd be able to till for all three in five full power hoe strokes. And in practice, you usually do have them all right next to each other, barring paths, Junimo Huts, etc. But that leaves nine tiles outside of the three sprinklers' area tilled as well, and assuming you had another row/column of sprinklers on that far side, that would just throw the equation off even further.

I digress. How do I till efficiently when the hoe area doesn't match the sprinkler?

You could always overlap a line with the 3x6 if you're worried about planting in the extra tilled spots by mistake (or untill them with the pick, I suppose). I usually end up with two or three rows of four irridium sprinklers, so I use multiple levels of tilling to get them all cleared efficiently.

Bloodless

Sodbuster
If you put the reaching enhancement via the forge on your iridium hoe and water can it maxes out at a 5x5. Perfect with the range of a standard iridium sprinkler.

That is what i do and it is amazing.

Here is a link to the forge and enhancements showing you what you need.

Last edited: