Hiya!

Nightstrike_76

Greenhorn
Yeah, I know, super original thread title, huh?

At any rate, it's nice to be here and I am hoping to get to know some of you as time goes by. For a long time I have avoided getting involved with fandoms/forums/etc due to a severe bout of burnout and drama that just made me extremely wary to try and reach out to others. Don't worry, I'm not one to start drama, honestly! You probably know how these things go, though.

I bought SDV on a whim, if I'm being honest. I'd seen it crop up in my Steam queue several times over the years and dismissed it. What a fool I'd been! Stardew Valley has helped me (in no particular order):

1. Manage my anxiety levels - There's something so totally relaxing about mindlessly chopping trees or breaking rocks!
2. Helped break through my severe writer's block that had literally lasted years. No joke. Years. Trying to write ANYTHING was actually just about physically painful. I even managed to post a one shot, even though it made me a nervous wreck. I'm actually working on something else now (almost obsessively!) and have even started to chip away at another multi-chapter fic that I've not finished and would love to eventually.
3. Has made me want to forge friendships and connections in the Stardew community. I know these things take time though, so no rush there.

So, yeah, it's great to be here!

Dr. eeL

Farmer
My wife had anxiety for many years. It is worse than most people can imagine. She has no interest in playing Stardew, but she has now fully recovered, and you can hear her laugh across a crowded room. I wish the same for you.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Howdy and welcome! I'm weird and occasionally post here, not necessarily in that order. My purchase of SDV was exactly the same as yours, on a whim, and it kept being recommended to me. Sometimes it is a very good thing to (OK, eventually...) go with your gut.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Howdy and welcome! I'm weird and occasionally post here, not necessarily in that order. My purchase of SDV was exactly the same as yours, on a whim, and it kept being recommended to me. Sometimes it is a very good thing to (OK, eventually...) go with your gut.
For myself (and many) i heard it was Harvest Moon revamp and i was like "yes, take my money".

Good to have you with us @Nightstrike_76 . Glad to hear you like chopping trees indiscriminately.

Nightstrike_76

Greenhorn
My wife had anxiety for many years. It is worse than most people can imagine. She has no interest in playing Stardew, but she has now fully recovered, and you can hear her laugh across a crowded room. I wish the same for you.
Anxiety is such a nightmare thing. Most of the time I'm pretty good at hiding it and when I do tell people that I'm struggling they really find it hard to believe. I am really glad to hear that your wife did recover though and I hope that she never has to go through it again. <3

Welcome to the forums, Nightstrike! Nice to meet you!
For a long time I have avoided getting involved with fandoms/forums/etc due to a severe bout of burnout and drama that just made me extremely wary to try and reach out to others.
Honestly, that's also my main reason avoiding it, especially about fandom stuff.
I bought SDV on a whim, if I'm being honest. I'd seen it crop up in my Steam queue several times over the years and dismissed it.
Talking about it, I found SDV because I desperately wanted a game like Harvest Moon. I have tried many games like HM, but nothing is as great as SDV.

Odin

Staff member
Welcome Nightstrike! Glad that you did pick up the game, given that you've found it helpful!
I like to think that we don't have many issues here on the forums, but if necessary, there is a report button on each message. And you can also reach out to a staff member directly.

Hello there! It's good to see you with us 😀

I'm happy to hear that you've found SDV helpful with mitigating not only your anxiety, but also your writers block as well as leading to some great friendships. I hope you are able to continue that here with us in the forums 🙂