Hibiscus Flower for Late Game (Possible Spoilers in thread)

Salty1

Planter
I was kind of thinking it'd be neat to have a flower you can only grow outside on Ginger Island (I suppose growing indoors would be fine, too?) and hibiscus seemed like a good candidate.

Could do white, yellow, pink, and lavender petalled variants, each with their own separate colours for stamen.

Could use a hibiscus with cloth at the sewing machine to make a hibiscus hairpiece (or a flower lei).

Could get it from the island trader in exchange for some mainland foraged flowers (even if its just one each of daffodil, sweet pea, and crocus)

Obviously honey. Not sure what else to do with it.

We have wild hibiscus in arkansas. You know it's got a couple of other cousins that grow here. Cotton and okra.

Now as far as uses go. Hibiscus tea and drinks a very sweet and popular. So a few cooking recipes can open up. Also being a member of the mallow family you could combine it with honey to make one of the world's oldest confections the marshmallow.

Odin

Staff member
Could get it from the island trader in exchange for some mainland foraged flowers (even if its just one each of daffodil, sweet pea, and crocus)
That would be a great addition and I think this makes sense as a way to purchase the seeds!

Daniiiiii

Sodbuster
I love this idea. The hibiscus flower is such a beautiful flower and would fit perfectly on Ginger Island! To add to your sewing idea, it would be awesome if you can make a floral shirt with it.

Last edited: