Help!,

Melissa

Newcomer
I have just started playing a co-op game with my daughter and I have a quick question; if i buy a kitchen for my cabin, will it also appear in her cabin or do we need to buy our own separate kitchens?
Thanks you. Very new to SDV

Odin

Staff member
You will each need to purchase that upgrade. However, there's nothing stopping one of you from buying the upgrade, and the other just visiting that house when they need to cook something.

imnvs

Local Legend
Every house needs to be upgraded individually by the owner of that house. Cabins are houses for the "farmhands", or in other words the other players that aren't the host of the game. The host is the only one that can upgrade the original house at Robin's, and each farmhand is the only person able to upgrade their cabin/house.

Now, if you're playing cooperatively, who cares if you have two kitchens? One kitchen full of fridges and food is all you need.

Except, if y'all want to get married in the game, for the benefits that come from that? Well, for you to get married your house needs to be upgraded. For you to have kids, your house needs to have the room that comes with the crib. Same goes for her.

And finally, the cellar that comes with the final, full upgrade of the house? You can fill it with casks... that only work in cellars... and they allow you to age things like beer, ale, mead, wine and cheese. Doing so increases their quality and thus increases their value (as well as the healing/restoration they provide). More cellars means more things that can be aged for more money, and that's not even pushing things all that hard for "optimal play" or the like. Cellars are a really low maintenance way to increase profits by a lot.