help!!

the skull caverns are haaaaaard. can someone help me to get to level 100? the lowest i get is like 25 but then i run out of time and end up going straight home at like 11:40. any tips to get to lower levels fast?

Boo1972

Farmer
Skull Cavern is hard at first. Somewhere in the forums is my old request for help conquering them too. Lots of people are going to want to give you advice, so I’ll just say this- staircases, lots and lots of staircases. You can craft them with 99 stone or trade jade for staircases at the desert traders on Sunday.

Also, I enjoy Skull Cavern now. With practice I’m sure you will too!

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
1. Get there as early as possible. Use a warp totem. Keep the TV close to the bed and a chest next to the TV.
2. Anything you want to bring to skull cavern goes in the chest. On a high luck day (spirits are very happy), you take a warp totem out of the chest, drink a cup of triple shot espresso, dump all your tools (except pickaxe and sword) in the chest and use the totem.
3. A chest next to the cavern entrance should contain a staple food (gold star cheese or salads are good), food with a buff (spicy eel for speed and luck, lucky lunch, crab cakes for defense and speed), espresso, a couple of staircases and bombs. Take 30-50 staple food, 2-3 buff food (pick one kind), 3 espresso, at least 10 stairs, at least 100 bombs.
4. Have the galaxy sword or the lava katana.
5. Eat your buffed food (drink coffee if you didn't at home) and enter.

Your goal is to place bombs near clusters of stone to find stairs quickly. As soon as you find stairs, you go down. If it's a hole, use that. Don't mine, run from enemies instead of fighting. If you enter a spiral or infested floor, use a staircase. Eat as soon as you hit half health. Check your health before using stairs. As soon as your buffs time out, eat/drink buffed food.

There's no need to go home. If you're not close to 100 at 1:30, you can leave to dump your leftover supplies in the chest. If you faint at 2am, you'll pay max. 1000G. It's worth it.

Useful rings are iridium, crab shell, slime charmer, lucky, napalm. Try it out and find a combination that works for you. Burglar is good for loot, but not that useful to get down quickly.

Instead of bombs, you can also try the slingshot with explosive ammo.

It takes a bit of training, but it does get easier over time. You can also use stairs if you want to. Jade can be replicated quickly and exchanged on Sundays.

hexnessie

Farmer
What they said, plus:

- before you go on a deep-dive run, go to the Skull Cavern recreationally for a while; get some iridium, make Crystallariums and replicate Jade for staircases, farm some Spicy Eel or Crabcakes from monsters, collect Omni Geodes to trade for warp totems, and get a general feel of the place
- if you want to be extra save, consider taking Slime Charmer and Crabshell Rings with you on the deep-dive run to be able to ignore monsters
- DON'T WORRY - I'm an absolute wimp and I've learnt to love the Skull Cavern. The monsters are predictable, and the best thing is, they don't get any tougher as you go deeper. It's still the same snakes, slimes, bats and mummies

imnvs

Local Legend
Until you really truly know what you want to do with crystalariums, every one you have should be producing jade, no exception. You trade this to the desert trader for staircases. Get lots and lots of staircases. I have a full shed of crystalariums producing jade in order to have, effectively, infinite staircases.