Windows [HELP] Xbox GamePass App doesnt run Sardew Vallley

Lucca1337

Newcomer
I have the Xbox GamePass Ultimate and i want to play Stardew Valley. I download it like any other game from the Gamepass but if i want to start the game it wont run. It just loads for a second and nothing happened. The TAskmanager says that something of Stardew Valley is running but there is no Game. Stardew Valley then needs something like 70 mb of my RAM. Moreover i cant find any folder of Stardew Valley on my computer to fix it. I tried to reinstall it a several times and restart my PC a several times and both at the same tim but nothing works. Does somebody have any advice how to fix this issue?

Lew Zealand

Helper
When I recently installed Stardew Valley for the first time on a new computer, it also installed these things, perhaps some are missing on your computer:

Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh 4.0.30901.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) - 12.0.30501.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501.0

and maybe .NET Framework 4.8

You could look in Windows Settings --> Apps and see if the first 3 are listed in there.

I'll see if I can dig up links to those installers.

Edit: Below are links to the download pages at Microsoft, however the specific version is not listed and I don't know how important that is. I'll try to uninstall the versions associated with my Stardew Valley install that work, and then install these and see if SDV still continues to work properly.

But after lunch because brain is outta juice right now.

Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (both x86 and x64 are included):

and if necessary, .NET Framework 4.8 (use the .NET Framework 4.8 Runtime link):

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
OK uninstalling the following:

Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh 4.0.30901.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) - 12.0.30501.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501.0

and restarting my PC made no difference! SDV still works and runs fine. ??? I'll try some other things...