help with SMAPI please !!

hey guys, hope everyone's having a good day :) struggling at the moment with my main farm save since i click on it to load it but it sends me in a loop just going back to the start page. i tried uninstalling SMAPI then reinstalling it again, deleting all mods that weren't SMAPI since it would do the same thing with and without it AND removing old save files to see if anything would happen (it didn't). i'll attach the log with it, i have a feeling it might have something to do with SMAPI or with the fact i'm using macos ? thank you !!

[game] InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 62393).

---> InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 62393).

---> FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus status, TypeCode type)

at System.Number.ParseInt32(ReadOnlySpan`1 value, NumberStyles styles, NumberFormatInfo info)

at System.Int32.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationPrimitiveReader.Read_int()

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.DeserializePrimitive(XmlReader xmlReader, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.ReadXml(XmlReader reader)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, Boolean wrappedAny)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable)

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read148_Farmer(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read237_SaveGame(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read238_SaveGame()

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)

at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c__DisplayClass95_0.<getLoadEnumerator>b__0()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

--- End of stack trace from previous location ---

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)

[SMAPI] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 62393).

at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus status, TypeCode type)

at System.Number.ParseInt32(ReadOnlySpan`1 value, NumberStyles styles, NumberFormatInfo info)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.DeserializePrimitive(XmlReader xmlReader, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.ReadXml(XmlReader reader)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, Boolean wrappedAny)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable)

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read148_Farmer(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read237_SaveGame(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read238_SaveGame()

at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext()

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 701

Hi, when mods are/were involved it's always good to post a full log via: https://smapi.io/log/

However, the error you posted is a save error. When you said you removed old save files, do you mean you deleted the backups?

Or did you try reverting the day per these instructions:

hi, thanks for the response! sorry i didn't include the link, here it is: https://smapi.io/log/df66f42fec0d4231a19e1a17a2667276

and yes, i think they were saved backups i deleted, i read a couple sources before coming here to ask for help that suggested deleting saves with the "_old" suffix and kept the ones without
Thanks for the log. I see it's currently a fresh install without your previous mods, but yea it's a corrupted save.

Since you deleted the game's backups; the "_old" files from the save folder.
We can't roll it back a day.
Usually, you would do the opposite. Per the instructions that I linked on rolling back a day. You'd delete the current files, and rename the "_old" files.

But, if you zip up, and post your save here I can take a look at repairing it.

Thanks, so first up.
Your actual game save is located here: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Find_your_save_files
It's mentioned in the other link I sent, but may not be obvious at times.

Your log, and the save package you sent me. It appears to be the SMAPI backup saves:
Code:
17:52:28    TRACE    Save Backup    Backed up to /Users/kayla/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/save-backups/2023-03-02 - SMAPI 3.18.2 with Stardew Valley 1.5.6.zip.

17:52:52    TRACE    game    getLoadEnumerator('Moonflower_323267489')
17:52:52    TRACE    game    regular stream detected...
17:52:52    TRACE    SMAPI    Synchronizing 'Load_Deserialize' task...
17:52:52    TRACE    SMAPI       task complete.
17:52:52    TRACE    game    deserializeTask failed with an exception
17:52:52    ERROR    game    InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 62393).

I did take a look, and fix the MoonFlower save that was crashing.
There was a typo in the data causing a crash.
Notice the 2nd ">" next to the 99; that's causing a crash.
Code:
      <item>
        <key>
          <int>>99</int>
        </key>
        <value>
          <int>6</int>
        </value>
      </item>
Now, if you delete your old save from your actual save game folder, and extract this one there. It'll work again.

Attachments