PC [HELP] Very Zoomed Out Screen Bug

Judas Kyss

Greenhorn
Really late response, but I just had this problem on my computer that has a 4096x2160 resolution.

Right click on your StardewValley.exe file wherever you have it on your computer
Click Properties
Go to Compatibility tab
Change high DPI settings
Check box for High DPI scaling override and change scaling performed by to system in dropbox

Start game
Alt+enter if the game starts in a fullscreened, zoomed out mess
Click box in upper right hand corner on title screen to change from Windowed to Windowed Borderless
Alternatively, you can change Windowed to Windowed Borderless in-game under Options->Graphics.

Other fullscreen resolution issues can be fixed or caused by choosing other options in "change scaling performed by:" dropbox in DPI settings so pick whatever works for you.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Really late response, but I just had this problem on my computer that has a 4096x2160 resolution.

Right click on your StardewValley.exe file wherever you have it on your computer
Click Properties
Go to Compatibility tab
Change high DPI settings
Check box for High DPI scaling override and change scaling performed by to system in dropbox

Start game
Alt+enter if the game starts in a fullscreened, zoomed out mess
Click box in upper right hand corner on title screen to change from Windowed to Windowed Borderless
Alternatively, you can change Windowed to Windowed Borderless in-game under Options->Graphics.

Other fullscreen resolution issues can be fixed or caused by choosing other options in "change scaling performed by:" dropbox in DPI settings so pick whatever works for you.
Thanks for these instructions, I may mess with this to try and induce the zoomed out state and then fix it with your technique.

Because what's the point of fixing something if you don't break it first?

BigSoup

Newcomer
This is a very late response, but I figured I would post it if other people are still struggling and none of the above options work!

The way I fixed this issue was to go into the display settings on my computer. It's a high-resolution computer naturally, so I changed the resolution on the (computer) display to 1920x 1080, then went and opened the game again. The game, even in windowed mode, showed no issues with zooming out or zooming in! I recommend, if this option doesn't work immediately, to play with the resolution sizes on your screen a bit to see if another size works better. After you're done playing the game, you can always change the resolution back on your laptop pretty easily :)
Thank you so much :D I thought I would have to live with a tiny screen forever, but this fixed it :)