Solved [HELP] update pc editon from Fangamer?

MineRaft47

Tiller
hello, so my problem is I want to be able to update the Stardew valley pc edition from fangamer (the physical disc) but it seems you can only do so with steam, is there any way I can update without steam? (the installed version is 1.4 I think)
thanks
P:S I know this posts a lot like this one "[HELP] Where can I download the PC update?" but the solution ended up requiring steam anyway :/

MineRaft47

Tiller
so the solution I used was to use game folders from my old hard-drive and paste them on to the Stardew valley program files, it successfully updated it to 1.5.4, it's not the newest update, but it's new enough to load my 1.5.4 save :3 (I think all I'm missing out on are some patches anyway)

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm interested in this solution because it's creative even if I don't understand exactly what you did. Thanks for posting and hopefully it will help someone else!

MineRaft47

Tiller
yes, well I can't claim full creative-solution-finding for this fix seeing as it's what they suggest you do when you buy the physical disc from Fangamer (they give you a steam key for Stardew valley) but I didn't want use use steam so I used some old-ish (V1.5.4) Stardew valley folders from my old hard-drive
(heres the fix in more detail) so you go to folders then open:
-this pc
then
-local disc (C:)
then
-Program files (x86)
then
-concerned ape
and finally
-Stardew valley
then you copy the Stardew valley folders that you have available, which might be from:
-Steam
-GOG
(the physical disc comes with a activation code for Stardew valley on steam)
then copy-paste them on the files in "Stardew valley" and after awhile it will pop up with something like "there are matching files in this location" to this message you select "replace files in location" which basically means your overwriting the old files with the files your pasting on them

which should update your game :3

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
yes, well I can't claim full creative-solution-finding for this fix seeing as it's what they suggest you do when you buy the physical disc from Fangamer (they give you a steam key for Stardew valley) but I didn't want use use steam so I used some old-ish (V1.5.4) Stardew valley folders from my old hard-drive
(heres the fix in more detail) so you go to folders then open:
-this pc
then
-local disc (C:)
then
-Program files (x86)
then
-concerned ape
and finally
-Stardew valley
then you copy the Stardew valley folders that you have available, which might be from:
-Steam
-GOG
(the physical disc comes with a activation code for Stardew valley on steam)
then copy-paste them on the files in "Stardew valley" and after awhile it will pop up with something like "there are matching files in this location" to this message you select "replace files in location" which basically means your overwriting the old files with the files your pasting on them

which should update your game :3
Nice! This makes sense and it seems that Windows isn't too annoyed that you done did things behind it's back.