PC [HELP] Unable to play local coop with only 2 controllers - keyboard/mouse always player 1 (PC)

CmndrNemo

Newcomer
At this moment, it doesn’t appear that real “couch coop” works and I'm wondering if others might have the same issue. What I mean by that is I can’t find a way to play with 2 controllers and no mouse/keyboard. If I’m playing with a controller and boot up coop, my controller becomes a second player in addition to mouse and keyboard. The second controller becomes the 3rd person. The result is if I want to play with 2 controllers on the couch, the screen splits into 3 parts (keyboard, controller 1, controller 2), which makes it quite unplayable. People on reddit told me to disconnect my keyboard, but I've disconnected keyboard and mouse upon launch and it still doesn't seem to work.

The main issue is the game seems to assume player one will always be mouse and keyboard, which generally won’t be the case for “couch coop.”

Hopefully it’s an easy fix in an upcoming patch, unless this is somehow an issue on my end? Any tips for fixes would be greatly appreciated, as I got this game for my wife for Christmas and we've been unable to get it to work so far.

kamikazi6

Greenhorn
Same exact issue here, haven't been able to figure it out. Also tried removing keyboard/mouse but that didn't fix it. At this point I'm assuming it's a game issue and not a personal setup issue.

Revn3

Newcomer
I'm having the same problem. The only thing my controller does is activate and play as player two. I just want to play single player with my controller and I can't find a way to do that any longer. Work fine for the 47 hours I'd played the game up until the new version.

If it helps, controller is a Thrustmaster GPX Lightback Ferrari. It's an old one but it's licensed by Microsoft.

unikcycle

Greenhorn
I figured it out finally. The host player or player #1 has an option to force game pad in the options. General- gamepad mode(drop down menu)- force on.

When the second person hits the start button you just hit back or the cancel button on your player #1 controller.