PC [HELP] unable to get in to game after 1.5 update

TRubyR

Newcomer
ever since the 1.5 update i'm not able to play the game anymore. Modded or unmodded it always happens.
Game loads up normally. When i go to start a new game or load game my screen turns white .
I can still hear the BGM and when i move the mouse i can hear the tune when I mouse over an option either for a save file or character creation screen.

My laptop is up to date and my game is up to date

Last edited by a moderator:

TRubyR

Newcomer
ever since the 1.5 update i'm not able to play the game anymore. Modded or unmodded it always happens.
Game loads up normally. When i go to start a new game or load game my screen turns white .
I can still hear the BGM and when i move the mouse i can hear the tune when I mouse over an option either for a save file or character creation screen.

My laptop is up to date and my game is up to date
I think I sort of fixed it. I press Alt+Enter to get out of full screen and it solved it but i have to do this every time i start the game or if it happens again

Odin

Staff member
Can you share your most recent error log? (Crashes don't always produce an error log, so you may not see any in the folder).
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/.
If you have SMAPI installed, the best way to share a log is via https://smapi.io/log. Thanks!