PS4 [HELP] Unable to connect to friends farms, friends unable to connect to my farm

Ludellfarms

Newcomer
Hello ive been playing stardew for a little over a year but have enjoyed watching for a while. Got the ps4 version last year and played hundreds of hours, however i just began to attempt multiplayer farms with my girlfriend. We are both in the same house, with same IP and wifi, on two seperate consoles and both have an active psn account. This is the only game where multiplayer wont work by joining host games or directly inviting friends to farms. Not sure what to do or if it even works normally but we spent 2 hours last night sending invitations and trying to join public lobbys, with no luck. Any info you can give me on whether its a bug that will be fixed or ways we can get around the bug and still get in would be appreciated. Happy farming!

PorkChop

Planter
Hello ive been playing stardew for a little over a year but have enjoyed watching for a while. Got the ps4 version last year and played hundreds of hours, however i just began to attempt multiplayer farms with my girlfriend. We are both in the same house, with same IP and wifi, on two seperate consoles and both have an active psn account. This is the only game where multiplayer wont work by joining host games or directly inviting friends to farms. Not sure what to do or if it even works normally but we spent 2 hours last night sending invitations and trying to join public lobbys, with no luck. Any info you can give me on whether its a bug that will be fixed or ways we can get around the bug and still get in would be appreciated. Happy farming!
Do you use mods? This may be a problem.

Odin

Staff member
Just to be sure, are you launching the game through the co-op menu in game and do you have a cabin built on the save you're trying to play on?
Do you use mods? This may be a problem.
Don't forget to check the post's flair to see what platform people are on!
I dont use mods, wasnt sure if PS4 had mod capability
It does not, modding is only possible on PC and Android.

Ludellfarms

Newcomer
Just to be sure, are you launching the game through the co-op menu in game and do you have a cabin built on the save you're trying to play on?

Don't forget to check the post's flair to see what platform people are on!

It does not, modding is only possible on PC and Android.
So yes, i load stardew then click co-op, and in both the join (when directly inviting friends) and host the game fails to connect and gives a ps4 error code 32855 or something. Ill figure the code out ecactly but i remember looking it up after getting the notice and that error code in not available on the playstation error code index. I think conape tweeted about it recently but i dont have twitter so i can hardly stay up to date. Thanks to everyone for the help so far.